|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è composto da:
Prosthodontics is the branch of Dentistry that deals with the restoration of compromised teeth and with the substitution of missing teeth in partially or totally edentulous patients.
In particular the Prosthodontics Course in the 5th year of the Degree Course in Dentistry deals with fixed prosthodontics supported by natural teeth and comprises 30 hours of lectures and 20 hours of practice exercise.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Acquisition of the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for the planning and the realization of the different types of fixed prosthodontic rehabilitations supported by natural teeth.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the student must:
- know in depth the materials and methods needed to realize a fixed prosthesis supported by teeth
- be able to diagnose and realize a proper treatment plan including fixed prostheses
- be able to clinically identify indications and contraindications to the rehabilitation with the various types of fixed prostheses
- know in detail the various types of tooth preparation and the different restorative materials used to realize a fixed prosthesis
- be able to apply the knowledge acquired in order to decide the type of tooth preparation and the type of restorative materials best suited to realize a fixed prosthesis in a specific clinical situation
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various types of prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures required to realize a fixed prosthesis with a suitable language
The course include lectures (30 hours) and practical exercise (20 hours) performed using dummies and extracted teeth.
- Diagnosis and treatment plan in fixed prosthodontics
- Temporo-mandibular disorders and principles of occlusion
- Principles of biomechanics in fixed prosthodontics
- Esthetic set-up
- Rebuilding an endodontically treated tooth: fiber-reinforced pins and metal pins
- Materials in fixed prosthodontics: resin composite, ceramic and zirconia
- Printing technique for photopolymerizable materials with transparent muffle
- Pre-prosthesis surgery and pre-prosthesis orthodontics
- Abutment preparation in fixed prosthodontics
- Characteristics of rotating instruments
- Magnifying instruments
- Impression materials and techniques
- Metal and free-metal frameworks
- Articulators and jaw registration
- Fixed provisional rehabilitations
- Color: theoretical and clinical considerations
- Luting materials and techniques
- Partial crowns: veneer, inlay, onlay and overlay
- Follow-up of patients with fixed prostheses
Preti G. Riabilitazione Protesica. UTET
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: On appointment e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARIA MENINI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The final exam comprises an interview and the presentation of a written paper including the photographic documentation of the activities carried out during the practice exercises.