|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
Prosthodontics is the branch of Dentistry that deals with the restoration of compromised teeth and with the substitution of missing teeth in partially or totally edentulous patients.
In particular, the Prosthodontics Course in the 4th year of the Degree Course in Dentistry deals with removable partial and complete dentures.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Acquisition of the theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make a diagnosis in edentulous patients and in order to design and realize a removable partial or total denture.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the student must:
- know in depth the intraoral anatomy of the partially and completely edentulous patient and know the limits of dental prostheses
- be able to realize an alginate impression and dental casts
- know in depth the materials and methods needed to realize a removable prosthesis
- be able to diagnose and realize a proper treatment plan including removable prostheses
- know in detail the various components and the materials used to realize a removable prosthesis
- be able to apply the knowledge acquired in order to decide the type and the design of the removable prosthesis best suited in a specific clinical situation
- have acquired a proper terminology in order to be able to identify the various types of prostheses and their components and in order to describe the procedures required to realize a removable prosthesis with a suitable language
Pre-clinical practical exercice carried out using dummies.
- alginate impression
- realization of dental casts
- drawing of anatomical limits on the casts
- realization of a resin baseplate
- realization of wax rims
- use of the articulator
- teeth arrangement
- finishing of the try-in
- realization of wire clasps
- realization of a removable partial prosthesis
Preti G. Riabilitazione Protesica. UTET
Preti G e Pera P. La protesi parziale rimovibile. PICCIN
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
MARIA MENINI (President)
MARCO MIGLIORATI (President)
CARLO PESCE (President)
STEFANO BENEDICENTI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The exam comprises an interview and the presentation of a written paper including the photographic documentation of the activities carried out during the practice exercises.
Details of the preparation for the exam and of the level of in-depth study will be given during the lessons.
The interview will mainly regard the topics dealt with during the lessons and will evaluate not only the degree of knowledge but also if the student is able to critically analyze clinical problems that may be presented during the exam.
The student will also have to present a written paper including photographic documentation of the activities carried on during the practice exercises.
The student will have to demonstrate to have the capacity to clearly describe a prosthodontic treatment plan using the proper terminology.