|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
The aim of the course is to introduce the student into the reality of clinical practice and to provide him with the necessary tools for defining the treatment and treatment plan for patients undergoing maxillo-facial surgery, implant prosthesis and gingivitis / periodontitis rehabilitation.
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student at the end of the course will have to:
Be able to define the Causal Support Therapy in relation to the type of patient;
Be able to correctly fill in the Oral Hygiene Clinical Record;
Possess the skills for the proper use of the instrumentation needed for the oral hygiene session;
Being able to define the appropriate home hygiene devices to be recommended in relation to the type of patient;
Be able to provide indications of a rational nutrition for the protection of dental health in relation to the peculiar needs of patients;
Be able to define the treatment plan of oral hygiene, home care and patient follow-up by applying the acquired professional knowledge.
Teaching will take place in classroom with frontal lessons for a total of 30 hours.
- Clinical record management: regulatory references and binding requirements;
- Clinical record Management: Correct compilation of the set of forms used for oral hygiene treatment at the Oral Hygiene Service;
- Guidelines for the Promotion of Oral Health and the Prevention of Oral Pathologies in Adults;
- Definition and application of clinical protocols in patients with gingivitis;
- Definition and application of clinical protocols in patients with mild periodontitis;
- Definition and application of clinical protocols in patients with moderate periodontitis;
- Definition and application of clinical protocols in patients with severe periodontitis;
- Definition and application of the Full Mouth Disinfection Protocol;
- Implant patient management: Professional oral hygiene session and home hygiene in relation to surgical and implant prostheses protocols;
- The role of dental hygienist in the management of the patient under maxillo-facial surgery;
- The nutrition and health of the oral cavity.
Genovesi, C. Sanavia, GM: Nardi, U. Covani, R. Grassi Manuale Pratico per l'Igienista Dentale 2004 SEE Firenze;
Cortesi Ardizzone V., Abbinante A. ” Igienista Orale” Teoria e pratica professionale.2013 Ed. EDRA ISBN: 9788821427466;
Texts supplied by the teacher
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: Reception hours: by appointment at Padiglione 4 L.rgo R. Benzi, 10 GE (c/o Ospedale San Martino) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 366 5629368
PAOLA ZUNINO (President)
STEFANO BENEDICENTI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
FABIO CURRARINO (President Substitute)
ANGELO ITRI (President Substitute)
The exam consists of two written exam: test with 30 multiple-choice questions (1 point for each correct answer).
Details on how to prepare for the exam and the degree of in-depth knowledge will be provided during the lessons.
Assessment by written will focus on the topics discussed during the frontal lessons and will be used to evaluate not only if the student has reached an adequate level of knowledge but if he has acquired the ability to critically analyze the different modes of management Of the patient in relation to the various pathologies.
The student will also have to demonstrate that he has acquired the ability to describe an oral hygiene treatment plan clearly and with a suitable language