|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/11|
|MODULES||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
Currently medical research focuses his interest on the importance of genetics and heredity. The Course on Genetic Diseases of Cardiovascular system illustrates cardiovascular diseases determined by genetic and chromosomal alterations. Following an overview on basic techniques of genetics research, the associated genetic, biochemical, anatomical and pathophysiological alterations of each disease are analyzed, and indications for treatment are discussed.
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The described course aims to provide to the student:
- Knowledge and skill in understanding the basic mechanisms of genetics, genetic features and pathophysiology of genetically predetermined cardiovascular diseases
- Skill to collaborate on the recognition of the disease along with the ability to calculate the risk of transmission
- Skill in working in a team to assess the need for prevention and treatment options
- Ability to convey related information and critically acquire additional knowledge and insights in related matters
Practical exercises (Case Analysis)
Seminars with active participation of students (if possible)
Suggested Text: Professor's handout
Further references:E.S. Tobias Fondamenti di genetica medica, Ed. Pearson 2014
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
PAOLO DI DONNA
GIOVANNI SALVATORE GIUSEPPE SPINELLA
ANTONIO SALSANO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The assessment takes place only through the final exam which aims to ensure the effective acquisition by the student of the expected learning outcomes.
The student to pass the exam, then return a mark of not less than 18/30, must demonstrate:
Knowledge and understanding of the basic mechanisms of genetics, genetic features and pathophysiology of genetically predetermined cardiovascular diseases
- Skill in the genetical disease recognition along with skill in risk estimation of familiar transmission
- Skill in working, for evaluation of prevention procedures and treatment possibilities
- Being able to convey related information and critically acquire additional knowledge and insights in related matters
Further contributes to the final mark of 30/30:
- Ability to transversally and critically deal with the required arguments;
- Fairness, clarity, synthesis and discussion fluidity
- Use of appropriate terminology
- Mastery of matter
Mark of 30/30 will be awarded when excellent knowledge and skills of arguments is shown; praise will be awarded if the candidate, already worthy of a score of 30/30, driven by a particular interest in the subject, showed a personal and effective deepening of one or more topics covered during lectures.
After the last lecture of the course the teacher will remain available to students who want more insights and information or deepenings on topics.
To be admitted to exams, students must have attended 80% of classes.