Over professional life everyone has to deal with challenges, feelings and social relations.
Professionals acquire technical but not emotional and social skills.
They learn how to perform their tasks and resolve technical issues but often ignore how to successfully overcome challenges, handling emotions and relationships.
The main goal of the course is to learn how to successfully deal with professional challenges, emotions and relationships, overcoming the main obstacle to professional success: the lack of emotional maturityand the lack of adequate social skills.
The course provides students with the fundamental knowledge
• Developing a strong and quiet mind in stressful environments
• Managing feelings and emotional reactions
• Adopting and maintaining a positive attitude under stress
• Making sound and fearless decisions in line with own’s values
• Acquiring listening, communication and rapport skills
• Handling conflicts with effectiveness
Emotional and social competences are acquired through a
progressive assimilation of a previous cognition.
These competences cannot be retained by sheer memorisation.
Assimilating the cognitive understanding of own’s emotional and
social patterns requires an introspective work - like a mirror pointed
inwards - that is unfolded over each class and is expected to be
practiced between classes.
Classes are interactive and participative.
The studying material is distributed between classes.
Attending classes is an essential condition to understand and the
successful assimilate the topics unfolded. Classes attendance is
required to pass the test.
The main topics unfolded over the classes are:
• Understanding the source of self-confidence
• Developing an inner sense of success
• Handling one’s performance drivers
• Differentiating facts from assumptions
• Recognising and handling emotions
• Understanding the relation between expectations and emotions
• Handling unfulfilled expectations
• Managing stress and anger
• Developing locus control & self-responsibility
• Adopting a conscious positive attitude
• Assimilating values for good deciton-making
• Developing social and communication skills
• Handling conflicts
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, The need for personal reorganisation,
Arsha Vidya Research and Publication Trust, 2008.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, The Value of Values, Arsha Vidya
Research and Publication Trust, 2007.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Crisis management, Arsha Vidya
Research and Publication Trust, 2007.
W. Timothy Gallwey, The Inner Game of Stress, Random House, 2009.
W. Timothy Gallwey, The Inner Game of Work, Random House, 2001.
D. Goleman, Working with Emotional Intelligence, Bantam Dell, 1998.
Timothy Gallwey’s books can be also purchased online.
Swami Dayananda’s books are available online in the app “Teachings
of Swami Dayananda”
Emotional Intelligence, Harvard Business Review
The measuring s`ck of life (John Steinbeck, East of Eden, chapter 34)
GIUSEPPE TRAVERSO (Presidente)
GIOVANNI BESIO (Presidente Supplente)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile su EasyAcademy.
The test consists of the reasoned development of subjects unfolded
over the course. Attending classes, actively participating, carrying
out the practices assigned over the course is taken into account for
the exam’s mark.
Eventually companies and organisations spend money, time and resources to manage emotional issues.
In fact, the lack of competences to handle one’s emotions, professional challenges and interpersonal relationships - and not the lack of technical expertise - is proven to be the main hindrance to long-term professional success as well as the main cause of loss of motivation and interest, lack of work team, bad environment and conflicts at the workplace, burnouts, sick leaves, resignations anddismissals.