News and events
The main active research areas at our Department of Mathematics are:
- harmonic and functional analysis
- mathematical logic and category theory
- commutative algebra and computer algebra
- complex projective geometry
- analytic number theory
- arithmetic geometry and algebraic number theory
- geometrical methods in physical theories
- mathematical aspects of quantum mechanics and algebraic quantum field theory
- probability and mathematical statistics
- numerical analysis and computational methods with applications in medical imaging
- neurosciences and astrophysics
Head of programme
Welcome to the PhD programme in Mathematics and Applications.
To learn more, please visit the dedicated PhD course website.