|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MAT/02|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
This is an introduction to fundamental mathematical notions and simple algebraic structures.
- be acquainted with logical mathematical reasoning;
- learn fundamental and fundative notions in modern Mathematics (sets, functions, natural numbers, cardinality);
- comprehend and master important results of discrete Mathematics and their computational applications (Euclidean Algorithm, modular arithmetic);
- be able to distinguish simple algebraic structures (monoids, groups).
Knowledge of simple literal equations (secondary school level) and of basic trigonometry.
1. Basic notions
- Natural numbers and induction
2. Discrete Mathematics
- Euclidean Algorithm
- Modular arithmetics
- Complex numbers
3. Algebraic structures
Teaching support material will be posted on Aulaweb
Office hours: By appointment.
RICCARDO CAMERLO (President)
ALESSIO CAMINATA (President Substitute)
By academic calendar.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Written exam. Students with DSA certification ("specific learning disabilities"), disability or other special educational needs are advised to contact the teacher at the beginning of the course to agree on teaching and examination methods that, in compliance with the teaching objectives, take account of individual learning arrangements and provide appropriate compensatory tools.