|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/47|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course aims to provide theoretical knowledge, skills and tools for the research of scientific evidence in obstetric practice.
At the end of the course the student must be able to:
1. Describe the Evidence Based Practice methodology;
2. To formulate a clinical question for the research of scientific evidence;
3. Describe and use the PICOM in the construction of a search string
4. Describe and use the Bolean operators
EXPECTED LEARNING RESULTS:
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
• Know the different search engines to perform scientific research
• Recognize the validity characteristics of a scientific study
• Critically evaluate the different scientific articles
• Compare the results of two or more articles
• Design a research question
In order to promote understanding, experimentation, discussion and comparison, in addition to the participated lesson, are used active teaching methods, such as: practical exercises in the computer room, work in small groups.
In the relation to the skills area:
1. Formulate a research question
2. Use the PICOM method
3. Find primary and secondary studies using international databases
Chiari P, Mosci D, Naldi E. Evidence- Based-Clinical Practice. McGrawHill
Students with SLD, disability or other special educational needs certification are strongly encouraged to contact the teachers at the beginning of the course to agree on teaching methods which, respecting the teaching objectives, take into account individual learning methods and provide suitable compensatory instruments.
Office hours: Student reception by appointment e-mail: email@example.com
VIRGINIA MICHELERIO (President)
MATILDE CANEPA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
See calendar published on aulaweb
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The student must be able to construct a PICO starting from an established research question and discuss a research project elaborated and developed on a topic chosen by the student.
Students with SLD or other regularly certified special educational needs will be able to agree on written or oral modalities with the teacher, by contacting the teachers at least 10 days before the exam. They can also take advantage of 30% additional time.
Students will be received by appointment via email: firstname.lastname@example.org