|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/40|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
At the end of the lessons, the student must:
1) know the elements of physics helpful in understanding the functioning of the instrument and its safe use;
2) to know the functioning of the instrument and its applications in obstetrics and gynecology;
3) know the practical applications in the obstetric/gynecological field;
4) know the basics of office ultrasound diagnostics.
The information required will be presented in frontal and interactive lectures and practical exercises on the ultrasound instrument.
- Elements of ultrasound physics.
- Ultrasound artifacts.
- The instrument.
- Diagnostic ultrasound and safety notions.
- Basic knowledge of ultrasound (settings, orientation, etc.).
- Introduction to office ultrasound.
- Gynecological office ultrasound.
- Office ultrasound in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Office ultrasound in the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
The learning material will be provided to the students.
AMBROGIO PIETRO LONDERO (President)
VIRGINIA MICHELERIO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam will take place through a multiple-choice written evaluation test.
Through questions relating to the various topics covered, the exam will permit to verify the knowledge regarding the use of ultrasound-based diagnostics in the office environment in obstetrics and gynecology.