|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||IUS/07|
The course provides students with knowledge about Italian employment law and industrial relations law.
Labour law knowledge is a precondition for entering the legal professions, within private companies and public administrations, as well as for qualifying as a labour consultant.
The course provides students with knowledge about Italian employment law (the legal regulation of the employment relation and of the employment market, the legal regulation of industrial relations and of the right to strike). The course shall mainly focus on topics that are strongly related to the business undertaking and its dynamics such as industrial relations law, the forms of workers’ representation and participation at plant level, the right to strike, the concept of subordination and of flexible forms of work relations, the protection of the employee in the employment relationship and in the employment market, the protection of the employee in business restructuring and in the outsourcing strategies. Students shall be able to understand the basics of human resources management and industrial relations in the business undertakings.
The course will enable students to
- Understand and remember the main regulatory provisions governing the individual employment relationship.
- Understand the role of the trade unions in the labour law system and, in particular, the contribution of collective bargaining in regulating labour relations.
- Understand and distinguish between subordinate and autonomous employment.
- Identify and apply the rules governing the exercise of the employer's powers, the events affecting the employment relationship, the anti-discrimination regulations.
- Understand and critically evaluate, with autonomy of judgement, the reforms of the labour market.
- Know the discipline and understand the legal issues related to flexible employment contracts.
- acquire an appropriate legal language.
- Be autonomous in the elaboration of solutions to legal problems.
Lectures, supplemented by analysis of case law (leading cases).
Experts or professionals will be invited to give lectures in order to allow students to acquire a greater awareness of the concrete and applicative dimension of the subject.
During the last lessons, students may present project works.
Please see Aulaweb for further information.
The course aims to provide basic knowledge of labour law with specific reference to the following topics:
- Freedom of association, trade union organisation.
- Trade union representation in the company and trade union rights.
- Collective bargaining: structure and contents.
- Right to strike (in the private sector and in essential public services).
- The labour market: instruments and regulation.
- Subordination and autonomy
- The structure of the employment contract and the obligations of the parties.
- Flexible forms of employment.
- Anti-discrimination protection.
- Employer's powers and changes in the employment relationship.
- Termination of the employment contract.
1. M.V. Ballestrero, G. De Simone, Diritto del lavoro, Giappichelli, Torino, 2019, only the parts corresponding to the topics covered by the course.
Office hours: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNAMARIA DONINI (President)
GIULIA BANDELLONI (Substitute)
CINZIA CARTA (Substitute)
BEATRICE DASSORI (Substitute)
DANIELA DEL DUCA (Substitute)
First semester from 13 September 2021
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral examination aims to verify the actual knowledge of the basic theoretical notions of the labour law, as well as the ability to identify and apply the main rules governing the individual employment relationship.
|13/12/2022||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|24/01/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|07/02/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|31/05/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|14/06/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|28/06/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|12/07/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|
|11/09/2023||09:00||GENOVA||Scritto + Orale|