|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MAT/04|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The course will include:
• issues relating to general problems of science teaching, and teaching in general,
• more specific issues relating to education mathematics, referred to middle and Secondary school - from eleven to eightenn years olds - and
• a critical (technical and cultural) review of some areas of mathematics, with connections to the use of different computing resources.
The course of Didactics of Mathematics (1st part) tackles both general problems of (scientific and non) teaching and a (technical and cultural) critical review of some areas of mathematics, even in connection with the use of the various computer resources.
The course aims at promoting professional development for prospective mathematics teachers, as well as giving a first introduction to research in mathematics education. The course will provide students with theoretical tools that may help them to frame the teaching and learning processes in mathematics classrooms, so as to develop specific competences in designing, implementing and analyzing teacgin and lerning sequences.
Specific themes such as argumentation & proof and algebraic language as a thinking tool will be addressed.
As a learning outcome, the students:
- will develop didatical knowledge aimed at framing the teaching and learning processes
- will be able to plan and analyze learning sequences
- will be to critically analyze textbooks and other teaching resources
- will acquire a specialized language to communicate with specialists and non-specialists
The course will have both lecture lessons and group work with discussions
Students are recommended to attend to the course
Power point presentation, worksheeets and reading resources will be provided on aulaweb.
Natalini, Baccaglini-Frank, Di Martino, Rosolini (2018). Didattica della Matematica. Mondadori Universita'
FRANCESCA MORSELLI (President)
ELDA GUALA (President Substitute)
The class will start according to the academic calendar.
Analysis of resources for teachers (research articles, educational units, textbooks), design of a teaching unit.
Written dissertation, oral presentation