|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/49|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
- Understand the importance of nutritional status correlated with physical activity
- Address people of all ages to a correct diet based on the type of physical activity performed
- Address elite athletes to a correct diet, in particular before, during and after training or competition
- Acquire knowledge and skills in the field of supplementation
- Acquire knowledge and skills regarding body composition assessment methods
online and presence lessons
- Sports nutrition: dietary strategies for endurance sports, power sports, alternating sports and weight category sports
- Supplement for the athletes
- Diet and physical activity for subjects of all ages and for subjects with special nutritional needs (i.e. vegetarians, vegans)
- Methods for assessing body composition in athletes
Didactic material provided by the professor
Kerksick CM, Wilborn CD, Roberts MD, et al. ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: research & recommendations. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018; 15 (1): 38. Published 2018 Aug 1. doi: 10.1186 / s12970-018-0242-y
Negro M., Conti G, Marzatico F. Nutrition and Sport - Ediermes 2007
Giampietro M. Nutrition for physical exercise and sport - Pensiero Scientifico Editore, 2005
CINZIA ZUCCHI (President)
EMANUELA LUISA FAELLI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The final exam aims to assess the student's acquisition of knowledge and skills related to sport nutrition:
- Be able to process an adequate nutritional assessment and develop nutritional plans suitable for athletes, considering the timing of nutrients in the training, competition and recovery phases.
- Know the proper use of nutritional supplements and their mechanisms of action.
- Know the dietary strategies for athletes of all ages and for athletes with particular nutritional needs (i.e. vegetarians, vegans)
- Know the body composition assessment methods