|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||CHIM/08|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The use of radiopharmaceuticals is constantly increasing in diagnostic and therapeutic fields. Metabolic radiotherapy is widely used in the treatment of many tumors and the conjugation of specific radionuclides with proteins, particularly with monoclonal antibodies, allows the implementation of specific therapies. Therefore, basic knowledge of this particular area of pharmaceutical chemistry is of paramount importance for students who will become part of the scientific community.
- provide the student with the basic notions on the activity and use of the most common radiopharmaceuticals, both in the diagnostic and therapeutic fields.
- show the student the figure of the radio-pharmacist.
Attendance to classes and individual study will allow the student to:
- know the topics covered during the teaching;
- acquire the ability to apply the acquired knowledge to problems similar to those described;
- acquire an adequate scientific language and the ability to connect the various topics covered in the classes or the topics of the course and topics covered in previous teachings.
Definition of radiopharmaceuticals. Radionuclides. Interactions of radiation with matter. Use of radiopharmaceuticals in the diagnostic field. Scintigraphy and PET (positron emission tomography). Production of some radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals. Therapeutic use of radiopharmaceuticals: metabolic radiotherapy.
Slides of lessons
Office hours: From Monday to Friday, by email or phone appointment.
BRUNO TASSO (President)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral exam in the presence of two teachers, one of which is the teacher. The exam has a duration of 20-30 minutes.
From the oral interview, the teacher will assess that the student has acquired:
1) knowledge of the topics;
2) competence, i.e., the ability to apply the knowledge acquired to real problems;
3) ability to express concepts clearly with correct terminology and link the various topics covered in the classes or previous courses.