|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/01|
The course provides the basic tools for the analysis of electronic circuits and systems. The expected learning outcomes are: being able to understand the functioning of the main electronic components; being able to analyze electronic circuits and to study their behavior by means of the LTSpice simulator .
The aim of the course is to provide the student with the basic methods and tools for the analysis and design of electronic circuits and systems: 1. operation of the main electronic components; 2. analysis and simulation of electronic circuits (analog and digital) of medium complexity; 3. design of simple analog and digital circuits. The course contents are strictly connected to the objectives of the Course Degree to provide a systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of electronic and telecommunications engineering, also in relation to the evolution of the concept of electronic system from integration of blocks to integration of functions in a single system.
Acquisition of the basic methods and tools to be able to analyze and design circuits and electronic systems made with discrete components or integrated circuits.
Acquisition of specific technical contents:
- Operation of the main electronic components (eg diodes, bipolar transistors, FET transistors)
- Methods and tools for theoretical analysis, design, and simulation of basic electronic circuits.
- Understanding of the functioning of the main electronic components (diodes, bipolar transistors, FET transistors), and their potentialities and limitations in the creation of discrete and integrated electronic circuits.
- Ability to analyze and study the behavior of basic electronic circuits by a circuit simulator.
- Ability to design basic electronic circuits starting from project specifications.
- Basic knowledge of Mathematics and Physics
- Foundations of Circuit Theory
The course is delivered through frontal lectures including both theoretical aspects and applied exercises to analysis and design problems.
The course materials can be found on Aulaweb.
Students are strongly encouraged to actively use the discussion Forum for explanations and clarifications, both on theoretical and practical aspects, also related to exercises.
- Introduction to semiconductor physics.
- Structure and functioning of electronic components: diodes, bipolar transistors, FET transistors.
- General techniques of analysis and design of electronic circuits in static and dynamic conditions.
- Electronic circuit operation, analysis and design, e.g. current mirrors, active loads, amplifiers, differential amplifiers.
- Operational amplifiers: circuit structure, open and closed loop operation, examples of use.
- Slides and course material in pdf electronic format.
- Sedra, Smith, Circuiti per la Microelettronica, ed. Edises.
- Jaeger, Blalock, Microelettronica, ed. McGraw Hill.
Office hours: by appointment
Office hours: By appointment
MAURIZIO VALLE (President)
DANIELE CAVIGLIA (President Substitute)
PAOLO GASTALDO (President Substitute)
LUCIA SEMINARA (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam consists of a written test and oral examination (only accessible if the written test is passed with higher mark than 16/30).
The assessment evaluates the acquisition of the concepts contained in the course, the ability to apply these concepts to the resolution of circuit analysis/design exercises and the student's reasoning skills.
The written test is organized in two parts. Part A consists of questions concerning all the course topics and allow to evaluate the theoretical knowledge acquired. Part B consists of a number of problems of analysis / circuit design to be solved according to the given specifics, and has the purpose of evaluating the application of the knowledge acquired by the student in solving circuital problems.
In case of passing the written test it is necessary to have an oral exam in which, starting from the evaluation of the written test, the achievement of educational objectives and the level of knowledge acquired by the student are tested. The exam is not passed when the training objectives have not been reached; in this case the student is invited to deepen the study.
|09/06/2023||09:15||GENOVA||Scritto||La dataa dlla prova orale verrà comunicata agli studenti al momento della prova scritta|
|29/06/2023||09:15||GENOVA||Scritto||La dataa dlla prova orale verrà comunicata agli studenti al momento della prova scritta|
|17/07/2023||09:15||GENOVA||Scritto||La dataa dlla prova orale verrà comunicata agli studenti al momento della prova scritta|
|28/07/2023||09:15||GENOVA||Scritto||La dataa dlla prova orale verrà comunicata agli studenti al momento della prova scritta|
|13/09/2023||09:15||GENOVA||Scritto||La dataa dlla prova orale verrà comunicata agli studenti al momento della prova scritta|