|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-IND/31|
This subject aims to provide basic elements of electrical circuit theory: fundamental electrical components and analysis of elementary linear circuits at stationary and sinusoidal steady-state.
At the end of this subject, the student is expected to know the characteristics of the main electrical components. He/she will be able to correctly apply the descriptive and topological equations to analyze a linear, time-invariant circuit at DC and AC steady-state.
Classroom or remote (through Teams) lectures (30 hours). During the lessons, in addition to the explanation of the theoretical concepts, the teacher will solve exercises about circuit analysis.
Voltage, current, flux, charge, electrical energy and power.
Electrical component (bipole, n-pole, two-port), Kirchhoff laws.
Fundamental adynamical bipoles and two-port (resistor, ideal generator, controlled generator, ideal transformer); series and parallel connection of bipoles.
Resistive dividers, Thévenin and Norton equivalent models of composite bipoles; analysis of linear circuits at DC steady state.
Superposition principle; Tellegen's theorem.
Fundamental dynamical components (capacitor, inductor, and coupled inductors).
Analysis of linear circuits in AC steady-state; phasors; impedance and admittance; complex power; triphase systems; mean and RMS value of periodic quantities.
- M. Parodi, M. Storace, Linear and Nonlinear Circuits: Basic & Advanced Concepts, Vol. 1, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Springer, 2017, ISBN: 978-3-319-61234-8 (ebook) or 978-3-319-61233-1 (hardcover), doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-61234-8.
- M. Parodi, M. Storace, Linear and Nonlinear Circuits: Basic & Advanced Concepts, Vol. 2, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Springer, 2020, ISBN: 978-3-030-35044-4 (ebook) or 978-3-030-35043-7 (hardcover), doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-35044-4.
- L.O. Chua, C.A. Desoer, E.S. Kuh, Circuiti lineari e non lineari, Jackson, Milano, 1991.
- C.K. Alexander, M.N.O. Sadiku, Circuiti elettrici (3A edizione), MacGraw-Hill, Milano, 2008.
- M. de Magistris, G. Miano, Circuiti, Springer, Milano, 2007.
- G. Biorci, Fondamenti di elettrotecnica: circuiti, UTET, Torino, 1984.
- V. Daniele, A. Liberatore, S. Manetti, D. Graglia, Elettrotecnica, Monduzzi, Bologna, 1994.
- M. Repetto, S. Leva, Elettrotecnica, CittàStudi, Torino, 2014.
Office hours: by appointment
ALBERTO OLIVERI (President)
MARCO STORACE (President Substitute)
Regular (see https://corsi.unige.it/corsi/11429)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The exam is composed of a written test where the student will analyze simple circuits at stationary and sinusoidal steady state.
The written exam will allow to evaluate the ability to analyze siple linear circuits at stationary and sinusoidal steady state, by applying the conceptual tools described during the lessons.