|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
Advanced Manufacturing is the production capability given by the introduction of additive manufacturing techniques in the production chain of innovative industrial goods.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The aim of the course is to introduce the main peculiar properties of materials according to their production and transformation technology. Particular attention will be devoted to the additive manufacturing processes adopted in the industrial application of AM technologies.
The course will analyze advanced manufacturing issues in the production supply chain as well as compliance to standards.
The reactivity of the produced materials with the environment and their functional degradation, particularly considering electrochemical processes, is an aspect that will be examined in depth during the course. In this context some electrochemical predictive methods will be also introduced.
Materials typically applied in electrochemical energy conversion systems will be further considered with focus on the processes and transformations behind their functional degradation.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
In detail the Course will aim to:
- Define material properties adopted in AM process of interest
- Analyze the effective interaction of AM produced devices within the operative environment with detailed evaluation to electrochemical degradation process affecting the final chemical and physical properties of the goods.
- Provide a comprehensive introduction to electrochemical methods to be adopted in predictive material performances analysis
- Test with both destructive and non-destructive methodologies the functional features of 3D printed materials underwent chemical degradation treatments.
- Analyze structure and performances of cer-met, composites and specific metals adopted in electrochemical applications
- Evaluate industrial AM applications in advanced manufacturing supply chain scenarios along with the operative regulatory framework
The technical and scientific knowledge based upon the Bachelor Course is considered as fundamental to manage the Course items
Direct lesson with discussions set up in class by the Teachers on possible technical problems and eventual solutions proposed by the students
Provided by Teachers with slides available on Aulaweb
If needed they will be proposed by the Teachers
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: By agreement with the Teacher
Ricevimento: Appointment with the studendents is arranged by mail or phone
FABRIZIO BARBERIS (President)
ANTONIO BARBUCCI (President)
1^ Semester 2022
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
Written test related to the Electrochemical issues, oral dissertation for AM related items.
By evaluating the comprehension of the problems and the capability of students to propose and discuss/defend possible solution accordingly to the Course topics
Basic physical and chemical knowledge as well as correct measure units management will be considered as fundamental items for any candidate.