|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||M-DEA/01|
|LANGUAGE||Italian (English on demand)|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The purpose of the course is to provide students with basic notions of Anthropology to analyze the concepts of the Network, the intercultural dimension of communication, ways of learning and using new digital technologies, as well as the analysis of the city as a fabric of meanings. Particular attention will be paid to social media as bridges between bodies and minds, as well as tools for conveying hate speech or, vice versa, for positive messages.
Lectures with the use of multimedia supports, guided discussions in the classroom, group activities of cooperative learning, individual exercises
At the end of the course the student will have to: - illustrate the concepts and the theoretical and methodological references dealt with; - interpret the reality of social media in an anthropological key; - deconstruct prejudices and narratives concerning the use of social media; - argue their original positions; - develop links between this teaching and other disciplines of the course of study. CONVERSE EDUCATE INFORM READ PLAY BE FREE
- S. Turkle, La conversazione necessaria, Einaudi, Torino, 2016;
A text to be chosen from:
K. Goldsmith, Perdere tempo su Internet, Einaudi, Torino, 2017
- D. Miller, Cose che parlano di noi, il Mulino, Bologna, 2014
- P. Artuso, M. Codogno, Scimmie digitali. Informazione e conoscenza al tempo di Internet, Armando editore, Roma, 2018
- C. Tuniz, P.Tiberi Vipraio, La scimmia vestita. Dalle tribù di primati all’intelligenza artificiale, Carocci, Roma, 2018
- T. H. Eriksen, Fuori controllo. Un’antropologia del cambiamento accelerato, Einaudi, Torino, 2017
- R. Baronciani, Nella tana del Bianconiglio. Saggio sulla mutazione digitale, effequ, Orbetello, 2014
- M. Banti, Wonderland. La cultura di massa da Walt Disney ai Pink Floyd, Laterza, Roma-Bari, 2017
- D. Mazzucco, Propaganda pop. Il fascino del consenso nell’era digitale, Effequ, Orbetello, 2016
Office hours: In person, at a times to be determined.
Friday 7 october
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Oral examination. Exercises during the lessons
The oral exam will allow to verify the student's analytical skills. The quality of exposure, the correct use of anthropological terminology, the critical reasoning skills developed by the student will be evaluated.
Students with disabilities or learning disorders are allowed to use specific modalities and supports that will be determined on a case-by-case basis in agreement with the Delegate of the Engineering courses in the Committee for the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities. Students are invited to contact the teacher of this course and copy the Delegate (https://unige.it/commissioni/comitatoperlinclusionedeglistudenticondisa…).