|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-INF/01|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
The student learns the architecture of an Embedded System, with a focus on integration and interfacing strategies of microcontrollers with sensors, fields bus, IoT devices, and dedicated electronic devices in general. Another objective is to get acquainted with the analysis procedures of the critical aspects in both the design of E.S. (power, size, cost, performance, adaptiveness) and related firmware, including bus and standards for higher-level interoperation. Learning targets will also be pursued by practical demonstrations during lessons with inexpensive devices and advanced sensing devices.
Capability to design and program electronic systems based on microcontrollers
Technical skills about the HW configuration of IoT systems
The learning outcomes will be verified through a battery of tests, issued in both closed and open form, which will enable to verify the correct acquisition of the knowledge and technical competences covering the whole class program.
Lessons in class by the Teacher
A) General aspects on Embedded Systems (E.S.) - what is an E.S. and what it's meant for
- Definition of E.S.
- Features and aims: what are the differences between E.S. and conventional computer systems - why do E.S. exist
- Applications of E.S.
B) Architectures of E.S. (How an E.S. is organized and how it operates)
- Electronis devices (typical constituting devices in E.S.)
- Architecture (how E.S. are organized from a logical/circuit perspective)
- Real-time performance (definition and issues in real-time E.S.)
C) Design of E.S. (How an E.S. is made)
- Computational dimension (speed and computational power)
- Power dimension (power consumption, power sources, regulation)
- Sensor dimension (sensor interfacing, sensor families, analog/digital technologies)
- Actuator dimension (interfacing to motors and actuators)
- Communication dimension (high/low data exchange - bus)
D) E.S. in Mechatronics (How an E.S. integrates in a mechatronic system)
- Typical interfacing technologies (CAN bus, ProfiBus / ProfiNet)
- Realization features (energy, EM, power, speed, real-time performance)
Office hours: By appointment after direct contact with the Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
GIOVANNI ADORNI (President)
ERMANNO DI ZITTI
RODOLFO ZUNINO (President Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
Tests and open questions allow to verify the successful acquisition of both technical competence and design capabilities; at the same time, the exam confirms the proper acquisition of a correct awareness about the various scopes that characterize the analysis and HW design of Embedded Electoric Systems.
|28/07/2023||09:00||LA SPEZIA||Esame su appuntamento|