The internship, or stage, is a period of orientation and training, carried out in a working context, public or private, to facilitate entry into the world of work.
Participation in internship activities allows the student to apply the knowledge and skills being acquired in the training course in a work environment.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Additional internship experiences, at external public or private bodies (alternatively, at university structures, only on the basis of programs agreed with the teachers and approved by the "Commissione crediti altri" of the degree course), aimed at the acquisition of useful skills for the subsequent entry into the job market.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The curricular internship enables the student to complete and integrate the university path:
- It serves a formative purpose in that it allows for the deepening, verification, and expansion of knowledge gained during the course of study.
- It serves an orientation purpose by allowing students to enter the world of work, learn about companies' reality and internal organizational / working dynamics, and assume greater awareness in professional choices.
Before being able to carry out the internship, students must obtain the certificate of the online course on safety and health at work.
- takes place completely in e-learning mode
- it is divided into 4 modules
- has a total duration of 4 hours
To complete the course, it is necessary to have viewed all the video lessons, passed the related self-assessment tests and the final test. At the end of the course, students receive a digital certificate and will be able to download the certificate in pdf format.
To access the online course, students must connect to corsosicurezza.aulaweb.unige.it and authenticate with the UniGePASS credentials. The enrollment key is "student".
To activate the internship:
- Contact the administrative contact of the internship office (Alessandra Mellano - 010 209 51504 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to an agreement with the contact person within the company (company tutor) and with the university tutor (professor of your course of study)
- Invite the Company to register on the Student Curricular Activities Portal: Internships and Theses. Then start the necessary paperwork for the internship. N.B. The User Manuals are available on the home page of the Portal.
It will be the job of the company tutor to introduce you to the working environment and facilitate your acclimatization, as well as to evaluate your path and the achievement of the training objectives at the end of the experience.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
NICOLA CUCUZZA (President)
GIANLUCA AMERI (President Substitute)
STEFANO GARDINI (President Substitute)
Only activities carried out at institutions, organizations, and companies affiliated with the University and consistent with the didactic offer of the degree course will be considered valid; as a result, credits will not be recognized for applications related to activities that do not correspond to the educational purposes of the Course. Any activity carried out by the student independently and in locations not designated for internships where it is not possible to verify, on the basis of an attendance register, the actual number of hours dedicated to the fulfillment of the assigned task will not be recognized.
It is possible, at the request of the student, to allow the acquisition of credits provided for the internship through alternative activities, in relation to specific problems related to disability or in the event that the need for preparation for entering the labor force arises, in specific and justified cases, which the Council will examine individually. (e.g. due to the advanced age of the applicant student). The validity of substitute activities for the recognition of internship credits may be recognized in cases of an health emergency which makes the implementation of internships difficult, when there is an urgency for the student to acquire credits for the completion of the training course.
At the end of the internship period, and in any case at least three months before the session scheduled for the final exam, you must send the following documentation via email to the Internship Office:
- time sheet filled in and signed by you and the company tutor
- Internship completion certificate (Form A/f) complete with signature of the company tutor
- Internship end report (Form R/f), complete with signature of the tutor teacher
To find out more, contact the Traineeship Office:
dott.ssa Alessandra Mellano
Via Balbi, 4 – ground floor – 16126 Genova
receives by appointment