|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||ING-IND/22|
Advanced Manufacturing is the production capability given by the introduction of additive manufacturing techniques in the production chain of innovative industrial goods.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The course aims to:
I) identify the properties of the materials and their peculiarities based on the technologies used in the production and transformation processes and especially in the advanced manufacturing applications,
II) carry out an analysis of the applications of advanced manufacturing techniques in the production supply chain and evaluation of the regulatory aspects,
III) analyze the reactivity of the materials used and produced through advanced manufacturing technologies with particular attention to the electrochemical processes of degradation of the chemical and physical properties.
IV) introduce the electrochemical investigation methods for the predictive study of the behavior of materials.
V) deepen the types of materials and the related composite and cer-met structures for electrochemical applications.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
In detail the Course will aim to:
- Define material properties adopted in AM process of interest
- Analyze the effective interaction of AM produced devices within the operative environment with detailed evaluation to electrochemical degradation process affecting the final chemical and physical properties of the goods.
- Provide a comprehensive introduction to electrochemical methods to be adopted in predictive material performances analysis
- Test with both destructive and non-destructive methodologies the functional features of 3D printed materials underwent chemical degradation treatments.
- Analyze structure and performances of cer-met, composites and specific metals adopted in electrochemical applications
- Evaluate industrial AM applications in advanced manufacturing supply chain scenarios along with the operative regulatory framework
The technical and scientific knowledge based upon the Bachelor Course is considered as fundamental to manage the Course items
Direct lesson with discussions set up in class by the Teachers on possible technical problems and eventual solutions proposed by the students
Provided by Teachers with slides available on Aulaweb
If needed they will be proposed by the Teachers
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: By agreement with the Prof.
Ricevimento: Appointment with the studendents is arranged by mail or phone
FABRIZIO BARBERIS (President)
1^ Semester 2023
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
Written test related to the Electrochemical issues, oral dissertation for AM related items.
By evaluating the comprehension of the problems and the capability of students to propose and discuss/defend possible solution accordingly to the Course topics
Basic physical and chemical knowledge as well as correct measure units management will be considered as fundamental items for any candidate.