|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
AIMS AND CONTENT
The aim of the course is to provide knowledge on the most important renewable energy sources and the retrofitting of existing plants in buildings for their exploitation. Renewable enrgy, random energy resources sources and theri use. Tools for the analysis of technical and economic feasibility of plants for heating, cooling and ari conditioning of buildings. Fundamentals of electrical plants in buildings. References to current legisltive and technichal regulations on the subject. Use of the most tools for measurement, diagnostics and maintenance of buildings.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to provide students with advanced knowledge in the following topics:
- Plant engineering analysis of buildings and related environmental impact
- Thermo-hygrometric and environmental comfort evaluations
- Energy regulations, diagnosis and certifications
- Acoustic design for buildings
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Solve plant engineering problems for buildings
- Correctly calculate thermal bridges of different kinds
- Carry out energy diagnoses and certifications
- Managing social interactions, collaborative attitude, constructive communication in different environments, ability to respect others and their needs, willingness to overcome prejudices, express and understand different points of view, conflict management, ability to build trust, empathy.
- Developing imagination and creativity, critical thinking, strategic thinking, problem-solving with a focus on innovation contexts and evolving creative processes, ability to transform ideas into actions, self-awareness.
- Having decision-making autonomy, collaborative attitude, management of human and material resources, coordination, negotiation skills, uncertainty management.
Lectures held in the classroom by the teachers and visits to sites of cogeneration plants, district heating systems, and natural gas expansion.
Regarding the workshop part, exercises and computer-based design activities will be conducted, both individually and in groups.
Working students and students with certification for Specific Learning Disorders, disabilities, or other special educational needs are advised to contact the Professor at the beginning of the course to agree on teaching and examination methods that, while respecting the teaching objectives, take into account individual learning modalities.
Basics of heat transfer and psychrometrics
Heat pumps and chillers
Air handling units
Boilers and furnaces
District heating and cogeneration
Heat exchange through walls, roofs, floors, glass surfaces
Design of heating and cooling loads
Ozone depletion and the greenhouse effect
Energy regulations, energy diagnosis and energy certification
Acoustic performance of building components
Noise control in air conditioning and ventilation plants
Notes provided by the teachers.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: By appointment
DAVIDE BORELLI (President)
JOHAN AUGUSTO BOCANEGRA CIFUENTES
LUCA ANTONIO TAGLIAFICO
PAOLO CAVALLETTI (President Substitute)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
Oral exam (by appointment), after having carried out a paper concerning the energy certification of a building and the design of the related improvements, an acoustic design of buildings component for a renovation intervention and the preparation of a calculation sheet for noise propagation in ducts. The activities related to the acoustic part will be carried out in groups.
The assessment of the students' understanding of the topics studied will be verified through the language used, the knowledge of the subject and the ability to deepen the covered topics.
|Esame su appuntamento
|Esame su appuntamento