|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
Principles of coastal structures planning and design and shore protection management
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The teaching aims to provide the basic knowledge for a general framework of problems related to:
- Mete-ocean climate analysis for the identification of the environmental characteristics of the project
- Characteristics of nearshore circulation
- Coastal Morphology
- Sediment Transport
- Coastal Morphodynamics
- Coastal Defence Works
The course will be held mainly through frontal lessons with the help of slides.
There will be some practical lessons with the use of computers for the development of specific algorithms for the quantification of coastal processes
Introduction to wave dynamics and statistics
Introduction to nearshore circulation
Sediment characteristics, Coastal Morphology, Longshore and Cross-shore profiles
Sediment Transport, Incipient motion, Bed Load Transport, Suspended Load Transport
Coastal Morphodynamics, Longshore profile evolution, Cross-shore profile evolution, Numerical models for coastline evolution
Coastal structures, soft and hard solutions, nourishment, groins, submerged breakwaters, breakwaters, revetments
- CERC, 1984, Shore Protection Manual, Dept. of Army, U.S. Corps of Engineers
- Costal Engineering Manual (EM 1110-21100), 2006, U.S. Army Corps of Eng.
- Dean R.G. & Darlymple R.A., 1984, Water wave mechanics for engineers and scientists
- Goda Y., 2010, Random seas and design of maritime structures, World Scientific
- Kamphuis J.W., 2010, Introduction to coastal engineering and management, World Scientific
- Komar P.D., 1998, Beach Processes and Sedimentation, Prentice Hall
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
PAOLO BLONDEAUX (President)
FRANCESCO DE LEO
ANDREA MARGARITA LIRA LOARCA
GIOVANNI BESIO (President Substitute)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The examination test consists in the drafting of a series of exercises proposed during the year and in an oral test.
The evaluation of the students' preparation is carried out through the correction of the exercises delivered during the course. Students who wish to change their assessment can take an oral interview about the entire course program.
The oral test can be taken from the first day after the end of the lessons.