|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/49|
|MODULES||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
In the last decade, chronic diseases related to metabolism, such as diabetes, dyslipidemia and hypertension, are steadily increasing. These diseases are usually related with the lack of a healthy diet. Therefore, the role of the Dietician becomes imperative to formulate customized diet-therapies to improve the health of people.
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The module "Diet in metabolic diseases" has the formative objective to provide the theoretical-practical notions to be able to formulate specific diet therapies for the following pathologies: Diabetes Mellitus (type1, type2, gravid), Obesity, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome, Dyslipidemia, Hypothyroidism, Malnutrition (with particular reference to the elderly patient).
Theoretical and practical knowledge will also be provided to teach type 1 diabetic patients how to apply carbohydrate counting.
The course consists of 20 hours of training activities to be carried out as lectures.
For each topic treated, the lesson will include a theoretical part, in which the knowledge to formulate a diet therapy will be provided, and an exercise part, in which the student will apply the notions learned, formulating specific diet therapies for each clinical case presented.
The dietotherapies formulated by the individual student will then be discussed in the group at the end of the lesson.
Attendance is compulsory for at least 75% of the training hours.
- Carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
- Adipose tissue and its impact on metabolism
- Ways of assessing nutritional status (anthropometric assessment, biochemistry, food intake assessment)
- Dietary treatment of patients with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes (nutritional objectives, different approaches to dietary education, dietary therapy)
- Carbohydrate counting
- Dietary treatment of patients with dyslipidemia, obesity and metabolic syndrome (nutritional objectives in patients with hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia, foods and nutritional factors associated with cholesterol-lowering effect, homocysteine: cardiovascular risk factor, dietotherapy)
- Dietary treatment of obese patients (objectives and diet therapy)
- Dietary treatment of patients with metabolic syndrome
- Dietary treatment of the patient with nutritional iodine and selenium deficiency and related thyroid diseases
- Nutrition in the healthy elderly ("anagraphic" elderly) and the frail elderly ("biological" elderly).
Paola Binetti, Marcello Marcelli, Rosanna Baisi, Manuale di nutrizione clinica e scienze dietetiche applicate.
In addition, the slides used during the lessons will be provided to the students.
For further information will be provided:
- Guidelines of the Ministry of Health Guide
- Manual for the counting of carbohydrates
- Scientific articles published in national and international journals
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
DAVIDE CARLO MAGGI
SILVIA RAVERA (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
The course takes place in the second semester of the second year.
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The examination will be oral using online platforms or face-to-face in accordance with anti-visa regulations.
The verification of learning takes place only through the final examination, which aims to ascertain the effective acquisition by the student of the expected learning results.
Although the course provides for compulsory attendance, students out of course they had already attended in previous years are relieved from the obligation to re-attendance the course. In case of need you can still contact the professor by email.
Students receipt will be only by appointment, contacting the professor by phone or email.