|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||MED/38|
|MODULES||Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:|
The teaching of PEDIATRICS in the Module Maternal-Infantile Nutrition in developmental age, provides for the teaching of topics pediatric and provides notions regarding the problems of growth in childhood and adolescence.
AIMS AND CONTENT
Identify and manage the needs of dietetic / nutritional assistance from an educational, preventive, clinical and rehabilitative point of view in the maternal infant area.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Identify knowledge of pediatric care, from an educational and clinical point of view in the maternal area Infantile and nutritional aspects in the healthy child , in children suffering from various pediatric diseases (celiac disease, etc).
The teaching is divided into 20 hours.
Mainly theoretical lectures are held on these topics:
- Recognize growth abnormalities that require no further study: government deficits and delays, evaluate- auxological action of the child, use of growth curves and BMI curves, obesity including obesity genetics, growth disorders, puberty.
- Neonatal screening
- Overview of congenital errors, phenylchetonuria and hyperphenylalaninemic syndromes, dietotherapy of congenital errors of metabolism.
- Recognize diabetes occurring in children,identify and illustrate the preventive and social aspects of diabetes occurring in children.
- Rheumatic diseases -clinical framework Diagnostic and therapeutic approach of the main ones Pediatric rheumatological diseases.
- Recognize and classify the main malformations-congenital diseases, malformative syndromes and diseases chromosome. Identify environmental factors, external or intrauterine, which may contribute to manifestation of unfavorable hereditary characteristics and / or malformations.
- Nutrition in the child with neurological damage
- Nutrition in the celiac child
- The nutritional diet in children.
In teaching these subjects will be addressed:
- Endocrinological part
- Diabetological part
- Metabolic part
- Rheumatological part
- Part of the neuromuscular system
Slides of the lessons, also reported in the classroom.
- Essential pediatrics. Treatise on clinic and therapy. by R. Burgio et coll. year 2015
- Didactic material provided by the teachers (photocopies of articles from scientific journals) -
- European guidelines for the assessment and treatment of gastrointestinal and nutritional complications in children with neurological damage, 2019 edition
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
DANIELA REBORA (President)
PASQUALE STRIANO (President)
STEFANO VOLPI (President)
VINCENZO SALPIETRO DAMIANO
GIUSEPPA PATTI (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
see the integrated course
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The exam consists of an oral test
The verification of learning takes place through the only final (oral) exam which aims to ascertain the membership acquisition by the student of the results of expected learning.
To pass the exam, the student must report one vote on less than 18/30, and must demonstrate:
-Know the topics I dealt with during the lessons;
- Be able to possess an adequate level of knowledge of the subjects covered during teaching.
The following final marks are expressed in thirtieths:
-Ability to deal transversely and critically of the topics requested;
- Correctness, clarity, synthesis and fluidity of exhibition;
- Mastery of the subject.
The mark of 30/30, with possible honors, will be awarded when the knowledge / skills of the subject are excellent.
The teachers of the teaching of Pediatrics are available in THEIR addresses listed in the section of UNIGE (e-mail and telephone number).