|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
|Questo insegnamento è un modulo di:
AIMS AND CONTENT
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the student will have acquired the tools to:
- know the specific contents of landscape architecture;
- acquire an awareness of the complexity of the landscape project and knowledge of methods and techniques for landscape analysis and design;
- analyze the natural and anthropogenic components of the landscape;
- deal with planning aimed at improving landscape quality;
- implement the principles of the “sustainable landscape” (limitation of the consumption of natural resources - soil and water -, control of the water system, inclusion of low-maintenance species).
As part of the laboratory, some transversal skills will be developed, in particular in relation to the following OPEN BADGES:
Social competence – basic level
Ability to manage one's own social interactions, collaborative attitude, constructive communication
in different environments.
Design creation proficiency - basic level
Ability to develop one's imagination and creativity, critical reflection, strategic thinking.
The laboratory develops a first part of analysis concerning the territorial morphology, the evolution of the urban fabric, the identification of the landscape characters of the study area and significant architectural emergencies, with the aim of identifying the critical and value and to constitute the starting point of the project proposals for the redevelopment of the project area.
The analysis exercises will be collected in an A3 format album.
- inspections, surveys and processing of analyzes aimed at deepening the reading of the area at various space scales
- preparation of a short presentation on a contemporary landscape architect
- first project elaborations of the part of the park under the bridge
- elaboration of project proposals (A1 tables)
- further inspections and possible visits to the nursery to identify the plant species
Periodic checks will be carried out on the progress of the work.
For the acquisition of the OPEN BADGES, the following teaching methods will be used:
Role playing/Teaching for cases/problems/Teaching for projects (carried out in groups)
The contents of the Studio concern the methodologies of landscape analysis and design at different scales and the principles and techniques of landscape design (spatial and functional organization, earth movements, the use of suitable materials and vegetation, with particular attention to the analysis of the relationships between built elements and open spaces to improve the environmental and ecological quality and the ways of using open spaces, taking into account the needs of the users).
In particular, the following topics will be studied in depth (through the critical reading of maps and available data referring to a specific study area):
- multiscalar and dynamic dimension of the landscape
- reading of the urban context: macro and micro scale;
- examples of different methods of landscape analysis, interpretation and evaluation
- use of maps, aerial photos, photographs and other materials for reading the landscape
- role of the landscape in the construction of the city: peculiar characteristics of the settlement linked to the morphology of the territory.
The laboratory also intends to analyze the main elements of the landscape architecture project (soil, vegetation, abiotic materials, etc.) with reference to the landscape architecture of the '900, (through the critical reading of some landscape architecture projects of particular interest).
Each student will have to prepare a presentation on a contemporary landscape architect to illustrate to colleagues (lasting about 10 minutes).
- History of landscape Architecture
A. Maniglio Calcagno, Architettura del paesaggio. Evoluzione storica, Bologna 1980
- Landscape survey
G. Brancucci, A.Ghersi, M.E. Ruggiero, Paesaggi liguri a terrazze. Riflessioni per una metodologia di studio, Firenze 2000
G. Gaggero, A.Ghersi (a cura di), Il paesaggio di Ventimiglia e Bordighera. Percezione, identità, progetto, Firenze 2002
A. Ghersi, G. Ghiglione, Paesaggi terrazzati - i muretti a secco nella tradizione rurale ligure, Gavi 2012
F. Mazzino, A. Ghersi (a cura di), Per un’analisi del paesaggio, Roma 2002
F. Steiner, Costruire il paesaggio. Un approccio ecologico alla pianificazione, Milano 2004
References for cartographic data:
www.regioneliguria.it /ambiente e territorio/pianificazione territoriale e repertorio cartografico
- Vusual Analysis
C. Sitte, L’arte di costruire le città, (1889), Jaca Book, Milano 1981
G. Cullen, Il paesaggio urbano. Morfologia e progettazione, Calderini, Bologna 1976
K. Lynch, L’immagine della città, (1960) Marsilio, Venezia 1964
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
ADRIANA GHERSI (President)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.