|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
Questo insegnamento è diviso nelle seguenti frazioni:
The course provides the basic knowledge to understand the role of technology in architectural design by illustrating a wide overview of traditional and contemporary architectures in order to know: the qualitative behaviour of resistant materials and elementary structural schemes and concepts; the performance and characteristics of building materials; the technical specifications and performance of parts and components of buildings.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The course aims at the transmission of the fundamentals of the technological disciplines for architecture. It is placed in areas of governance of the main factors of design and construction.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course aims to provide students with basic knowledge on the disciplinary foundations of Architectural Technology, on production and construction processes, on the performance and uses of building materials, on the main forms and structural concepts of architecture, on construction elements and site organisation. The basic knowledge is provided on the basis of a demanding and performance approach, emphasising the role of the discipline in the construction of the architectural project.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to
- understand the principles and rules of building stability;
- know the technical characteristics of material resources and their use in construction;
- analyse the construction in its different parts, knowing its role within the construction, the performance requirements and the construction methods;
- to evaluate the incidence of the technological options on the expressive and symbolic values in the architectural project.
The course consists of ex cathedra lectures given by the lecturer, with the contribution of some specialised seminars. If possible, in consideration of the number of students, site visits and/or practical activities will be carried out. In view of the health emergency, lectures may be delivered remotely.
The topics dealt with during the lessons are divided into the following didactic segments:
1) The fundamentals of construction: vocabulary of building elements, principles of stability of constructions, actions and loads affecting constructions
2) Building materials, origin, processing, performance characteristics, types of products and uses: stone, ceramics, mortar, wood, metal alloys, concrete, glass.
3) Methodology and tools of technological design: demanding and performance approaches, actors in the building process.
4) Material, functional and performance characteristics expected from the building system: construction elements: vertical and horizontal elevation structures, vertical closures, windows and doors, roofs, stairs, partitions.
A. Laurìa, Tecnologie di base per la residenza, Florence, Edizioni A-Z, 2000.
M. C. Torricelli, R. Del Nord, P. Felli, Materiali e tecnologie dell'architettura, Bari, Laterza, 2001
M. Salvadori, Perché gli edifici stanno in piedi, Milan, Bompiani, 1995.
The choice of English written text may be discussed with the professor.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
Ricevimento: The teacher will receive sudents on appointment to be fixed sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GIOVANNA FRANCO (President)
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The verification of learning takes place with a final oral examination recurring to scketches and simple drawings. During the year there may be optional written or oral tests during the course, corresponding to the teaching segments in which the course is structured.
The oral examination is used to test the knowledge acquired in the various teaching segments, which is necessary for setting up elementary projects. The oral presentation must be accompanied by simple graphic elaborations that help the student to correctly explain technical topics. The following are the parameters for assessing the exam: ownership of the technical vocabulary, knowledge acquired, quality of presentation of the topics covered.