|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR
Data semantics concerns the meaning and interpretation of data. The ability to perform data sharing, data integration, and reasoning on data is strictly related to the ability of properly understanding the meaning of data. This course provides an overview of the approaches for semantic data annotation and skills for the use of Semantic Web and Linked Data technologies, with specific regard to the domain of arts and culture.
AIMS AND CONTENT
The aim of the course is to provide students with methods and approaches to model, represent and understand the meaning of data. Specifically, the cours will focus on the Web of data and Knowledge Graphs.
AIMS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, students
- will have acquired knowledge about the principles and methods for data annotation
- will have acquired knowledge about the semantic web paradigm, ontologies and knowledge graphs
- will be able to design and refer to ontologies for data annotation
- will be able to managed semantic data and use them to build smart applications
- will have acquired desing skills
Teaching is based on lectures, working groups, and on class exercises. Classes can be attended face-to-face or online.
- Introduction to semantic annotation
- The Semantic Web paradigm and the Web of Data
- RDF model
- Semantic web languages for data annotation and querying
-Taxonomies, vocabularies and ontologies
- Knowledge graphs
- Linked data
- Applications and use cases for the arts and culture
D. Allemang, J. Hendler, F. Gandon, Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist: effective modeling for linked data, RDFS, and OWL , ACM Books; 3rd edition agosto 2020
Further readings and materials will be provided on the AulaWeb portal.
TEACHERS AND EXAM BOARD
L'orario di tutti gli insegnamenti è consultabile all'indirizzo EasyAcademy.
The exam includes:
- written assessment,
- development and discussion of a project
The written assessment is designed to assess whether the student has acquired knowledge about semantic annotation and the methodologies for its use.
The project is aimed at assessing whether the student has acquired skills in the use of methodologies and technologies in application cases in the artistic and cultural field.
|Esame in data da concordare con il docente
|Attenzione, esame su appuntamento da concordare con la docente
Students with disabilities or learning disorders are allowed to use specific modalities and supports that will be determined on a case-by-case basis in agreement with the Delegate of the Engineering courses in the Committee for the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities. Students are invited to contact the teacher of this course and copy the Delegate (https://unige.it/commissioni/comitatoperlinclusionedeglistudenticondisabilita.html), without sending any documents regarding their disability to the teachers.