This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The graduation examination consists of the discussion of a thesis, before a committee, on the results of work you will do in a company in the field of Chemical and Process Engineering.
You will be evaluated:
- the originality of the topic
- your autonomy in carrying out the work
- your ability to discuss the results with the committee
N.BIf you write and discuss your thesis in English you will be evaluated on a privileged basis.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The graduate committee has a maximum of 6 points, to be added to your weighted average (rounded and expressed in one hundredth of a tenth), based on the evaluation of your paper and its discussion.
The 6 points are divided as follows:
- maximum of 3 points awarded by the speaker
- maximum of 2 points awarded by the committee verifying:
- clear exposition and within the allotted time
- correct and informative thesis
- very good command of the topic, also demonstrated by answering any questions posed by the committee
- 1 point for thesis written and presented in English or for recognized periods of study undertaken abroad
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
You can obtain honors only if you have a final grade of at least 112 points.
Awarding Dignity of Press
You can obtain dignity of press in case your thesis is the basis of communications to National and/or International Conferences or scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
If the thesis advisor wants to award you dignity of press, he/she must inform the chair of the graduate committee in advance (at least three weeks) by attaching a version, even if not final, of the thesis. The chair of the committee, also with the help of an anonymous reviewer chosen from within the graduate council, will decide on the grant.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.