This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final examination consists of the discussion of an experimental thesis, written in English, about your research work carried out in the teachers' laboratories and/or in companies in the sector.
You will have to submit your thesis application at the beginning of 2° year, indicating:
- the research structure where you want to carry out the thesis
- your supervisor
About a month before your thesis discussion you will be assigned a co-supervisor.
Furthermore, your thesis must be consigned to the Examination Committee at least 20 days before the official session.
The thesis dissertation and the final examination will take place in two separate moments:
- 10 days before the official session it will be fixed an examination session in which you will have to present your work to a committee
- On the day of the official session, you will have to publicly discuss your work. After the presentation, the vote will be announced, in one hundred tenths, and the proclamation will be made.
What to do to graduate
Download the calendar to know:
- dates to fill out the graduation application
- available graduation sessions
If you are an undergraduate student, you must:
- Choose the degree session
- Deposit the title of your thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill out the questionnaire of your degree.
- Check that you are current with payment of fees
- Pay the stamp duty of €16 for the issuance of the Graduate Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, you will have to check that everything is registered online instead.
- you can modify the application for the graduate examination until your final confirmation
- the confirmed application cannot be modified
- the thesis title listed on the application at the time of confirmation must be the final one. Prior to confirmation, we recommend that you print out a draft of the application and have your advisor review it
- at the time of confirmation, your advisor and the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Desk will be notified that the completion
- confirmed thesis application must beapproved by your advisor by the due date of the completion period of the session you have chosen. If your lecturer does not have the UniGePass password, he/she can request it by following the instructions at the dedicated page
N.B.You must forward your graduation application to the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Desk by the registration deadline for your session only if it has not been approved online by your lecturer.
Are you having problems filling out your graduate application or getting it approved?
Write an email to the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Desk before the completion period expires and ask your lecturer to send an email authorizing you to handle the application. Once received, the One-stop Shop will handle final approval of the application and the system will send an automatic confirmation email to you and the speaker and/or coordinator of your Course.
Change graduation session
Have you submitted your application but no longer intend to attend the session for which you registered?
For information and assistance, email the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Point of Contact.
Online thesis uploading
Copies of the thesis
You must printtwo copies of your thesis. One stays with you and the other you have to give to your thesis advisor a few days before your graduation session.
The copy must be red and you have no structure or font constraints.
N.B.If your session is held remotely, you do not need to give it to the thesis advisor.
The vote on the final test, expressed in one hundred and tenths, is the sum:
- of the vote attributed by the committee to the experimental thesis (in thirtieths)
- the weighted average of the votes obtained for the subjects included in your study plan (expressed in 90ths)
- your curriculum
You can also be given:
- 1 point if you have completed your current studies (2 academic years)
- 1 point if you have completed a period of training abroad during your studies (minimum 3 months)
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Praise may be given with the unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.