This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
Become a tutor
Who they are and how to contact them
They are "senior" students enrolled in courses at the School and:.
- constitute the first point of reference for new enrollees
- carry out orientation and welcome activities for freshmen
In collaboration with faculty and technical-administrative staff:
- provide information on the procedures to be followed to enter university life, the various facilities of the University and the School
- they know where to find useful information such as class schedules, location of venues, faculty reception, etc. .
- help find information on exam schedules, distribution of any teaching materials, registration for activities other than exams
- facilitate the induction of freshmen for any initial or pathway problems
. The School participates in UniGe's Freshmen Project to support freshmen and properly launch them into their college career through individual/group monitoring and support actions. Some reception tutors dedicate part of their time to activities related to the project.
Do you want to become a tutor?
If you are a regularly enrolled student, you can participate in the call for applications to become a tutor.
Read the Notice of Admission 2022 to learn how to participate and the prerequisites to qualify for each type of tutor.
N.B. You cannot apply if you are enrolled part-time or in degree programs of the former system.
Find out in detail:
Profile A consists of:
who carry out tutoring and didactic-integrative, preparatory and remedial activities and, in the case of peer educational tutors, for the benefit of students with disabilities or DSA.
To access this profile you must have an average of at least 24/30 and be enrolled:
- from the fourth year onward of single-cycle master's degree programs
- to master's degree programs
- to PhD courses with administrative headquarters at UniGe
The gross hourly compensation is:.
- 17 euros for educational tutors .
- 21 euros for au pair teaching tutors
N.B.this is the only type of tutor compatible with part-time collaborative work (formerly 150 hours) also at ALISEO (formerly ALFA).
Once you have completed your tutoring activity, in order to obtain payment, you must:
- fill out and send (with a photocopy of your ID) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- declare your activity through the online service (you do not have to do this if you are a peer educational tutor or if you are a profile among A_CORSI_FORM, A_INGLESE, A_ORIE_01, A_PENITEN, A_UNITE)
The profile B is composed of tpeer tutors who carry out individual shadowing activities on behalf of their fellow students with disabilities or SLDs, with the aim of eliminating or reducing the obstacles they may encounter during their university journey.
To access this profile you must be a member:
- from year II I onwards of a bachelor's degree program and a single-cycle master's degree program
- to a master's degree program
- to a doctoral course with administrative headquarters at UniGe
You can perform a maximum of 200 hours and the hourly fee is 13 euros, tax-free.
N.B.Before starting the activity you must attend a mandatory training course to learn about:
- the services of UniGe
- the specific details about the activities you will need to perform
The profile C is composed of host tutors.
These carry out orientation activities in welcoming and assisting freshmen, along with faculty and technical-administrative staff.
The activities of a reception tutor are carried out:
- at the Teaching Facilities and offices of the Teaching Area .
- at the University Schools' booths set up at the orientation fairs,
- at secondary schools, as testimonials
In order to access this profile you must have the CFUs required by the announcement and be enrolled:
- from the second year onward of three-year courses and single-cycle master's degree courses
- to master's degree courses
You can perform a maximum of 120 hours, with exceptions, and the hourly fee is 10.33 euros, tax-free.
Read carefully the Annex 3 of the announcement.
N.B.Before starting the business you must attend a mandatory training course to learn about:
- the services of UniGe
- the specific features of the course of study for which you are tutoring
If you need more information, you can contact the Orientation and Tutoring Service - University Study Orientation Sector.