Skip to main content

Admission criteria and procedure

1. Read the admission requirements

You can only enter this course if you have earned a bachelor's degree or equivalent (pre-doctoral degree, university diploma - 3 years, direct school for special purposes - 3 years) and if you meet the specific requirements.

Did you get your degree abroad?

If you graduated abroad, you will have to take a proof of Italian language skills.

If you graduated in Italy, continue reading.

Curricular requirements

To register for the course you must have:

  • a graduation grade higher than 90/110 (or proportionally equivalent score in the case of degrees obtained abroad)
  • .
  • a degree obtained in Italy in the class L-4 Industrial Design (D.M. 270/04), as well as in the corresponding class 42 related to D.M. 509/99 or a first level academic diploma in disciplines related to Design (equivalent to a degree class L-3 Disciplines of Figurative Arts, Music, Performing Arts and Fashion)
  • a degree in other classes awarded in Italy or a degree awarded abroad, provided candidates have acquired at least 45 CFUs in the following scientific disciplinary fields:
    • ICAR/08 Construction Science
    • ICAR/12 Architectural Technology
    • ICAR/13 Industrial Design
    • ICAR/14 Architectural and urban composition
    • ICAR/16 Interior and exhibition architecture
    • ICAR/17 Drawing
    • ICAR/18 History of Architecture
    • INF/01 Computer Science
    • L-ART/03 History of contemporary art
    • L-ART/05 Disciplines of the performing arts
    • L-ART/06 Cinema, photography and television
    • SPS/08 Sociology of cultural and communicative processes
    • ING-INF/05 Information processing systems
    • ING-IND/15 Industrial engineering design and methods
    • ING-IND/16 Processing technologies and systems
    • ING-IND/21 Metallurgy
    Of the above 45 CFU, at least 20 CFU must be acquired in the scientific disciplinary fields ICAR/13, ICAR/14 and ICAR/16, and at least 10 CFU in the scientific disciplinary field ICAR/17.

Read the teaching regulations for more information.

If you are an undergraduate student, the curricular requirements are:

  • enrollment in a degree program in the class L-4 Industrial Design, L-17 Architectural Sciences (ex DM 270/04) or enrollment in a first-level academic degree in disciplines related with Design
  • weighted average grade above 24/30.

Graduating students in the above conditions deemed eligible following personal preparation verification are enrolled conditionally until graduation.

2. Register and pre-register

Per iscriverti a questo corso di studio è necessario effettuare la procedura online che comprende la registrazione e la pre-immatricolazione (guarda il TUTORIAL).

UniGe Portal Registration

If you have never been enrolled at the University of Genoa, access the UniGe Portal and get your UniGePASS credentials (for more information you can watch the TUTORIAL).


Make apply for pre-registration using the UniGePASS credentials you received with your registration.

3. View the outcomes of the requirements assessment


If you graduated from UniGe you can proceed with the confirmation of enrollment. If you graduated from another University, you must wait for the Commission to unlock the online service "Enrollment" (within ten working days at most) and then you can complete your enrollment in this Course by proceeding with the confirmation.

You must undergo verification of the adequacy of the graduate's personal preparation. When the Commission has unlocked the online service "Enrollment" (within ten working days at most) you can complete the enrollment for this Course by proceeding with the confirmation.

It means that you do not meet the curricular requirements and cannot enroll in this course of study.

You will need to supplement your curriculum by enrolling in individual educational activities since you partially meet the curricular requirements.

If you pass the individual educational activities by the start of classes in the second semester, you can enroll in the first year of the course in the current a.y..
Otherwise, you will have to register for the first year of the course in the following a.y..