This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The undergraduate examination consists of discussing, before a committee, a thesis on a discipline taught in the department, of which you have taken the examination.
You may choose from the following types:
- 1st type - Thesis and Thematic Insights
- 2nd type - Research Thesis
1st type - Thesis and Thematic Insights
For the degree examination you must:
- submit a written report of about 100.000 characters and dicute it no sooner than 4 months after filing the degree
- have taken two optional exams belonging to the same area as the thesis, at least 20 days before the discussion. Any choice of other electives must be justified and authorized by the thesis advisor
2nd type - Research Thesis
In order to choose a research thesis you will have to have:
- acquired at least 150 CFUs before the title is awarded
- a weighted grade point average of 27/30 or higher
You will have to discuss the thesis, of about 300.000 characters, no sooner than 12 months after filing your title.
You may choose this type of thesis even if you do not meet the requirements but only if you have a grade point average of 26.5/30 or higher. In any case, the request must:
- be justified and authorized by the thesis advisor
- addressed to the graduate council to request an interview to check your aptitude for research
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
Read the regulations of the accreditation procedure for conducting photographic and/or audiovisual filming activities inside university buildings (effective 06/28/2013).
The student secretary's office provides the committee with a document that shows:
- your weighted average, which relates the grades you earned to the credits you earned:
- you multiply each grade by the credits of the corresponding exam
- you add up the products and divide the sum by the total credits earned
- you multiply the result thus obtained by 110
- you then divide by 30
N.B To the weighted average thus calculated you add 0.5 points for each lode you have earned.
- any extracurricular courses that you have taken with the respective credits: the committee may increase by a maximum of 1 point the final grade, in case you have carried out periods of study abroad, recognized by the CdS and which have resulted in the attribution of CFUs
- the graduation grade converted into thirtieths (110 cum laude = 30 cum laude)
Thesis Type - Thesis and Thematic Insights
The committee may increase maximum 7 points the weighted grade point average:
- up to 4 points for thesis
- up to 3 points for thematic insights:
- 1 point if the grade point average of the two optional exams is 24/30 or less
- 2 points if it is more than 24/30 and less than 27/30
- 3 points if it is 27/30 or more
The committee may unanimously grant honors if you have a score of 110/110, only on the condition that the thesis advisor has sent the other members of the committee, at least one week in advance of the graduation session, the text of the thesis in electronic format, indicating the high quality of your work.
The Type of Thesis - Research Thesis
The Graduation Committee:
- may increase not more than 11 points the weighted grade point average
- may unanimously grant honors if you have attained a score of 110/110
- If you obtain honors, it may award you the special mention of "dignity of press"
To obtain honors and any dignity of press or to propose an increase between 9 and 11 points, the supervisor must send the other members of the committee, at least one week in advance of the graduation session, the text of the thesis in electronic format, pointing out the high quality of your work.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.