This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
What it is
For admission to the master's degree exam you must have obtained all the credits required by the teaching regulation of your degree course.
The final exam consists of a discussion about the Master's thesis, prepared by you in an original manner, under the guidance of one or more professors, ascertaining your technical, scientific and professional preparation.
In particular, the thesis may consist of:
- the execution of a monographic design study in one or more fields of competence
- the study of a theoretical, experimental or applied research topic related to the nautical engineering fields
The modalities of the final examination consist of the oral presentation of the thesis to the Commission, followed by a discussion of questions posed by members of the Commission.
In any case, at least one teacher of the degree program must be present among the committee members.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The evaluation of the final test by the commission will be by attributing an increase, variable from 0 to a maximum established by the Polytechnic School together with the Departments and reported in the University prospectus, to the weighted average of the grades reported in the verification tests relative to the educational activities that call for a final grade, assuming as weight the number of credits associated with the single activity.
The final test is passed if you have obtained a vote of not less than 66/100 points.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.