|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||SPS/12|
The lectures aims to provide an overview of the main sociological theories of deviance and criminality, also with the support of case studies regarding the legal and social professions directly involved in the mechanisms of definition and government of the “abnormal”.
To know and to handle oneself in a critical way regarding the main paradigms of sociological description of deviance and criminality, as well as social control dispositives.
In particular, the lectures aims to:
- reconstruct the main theories of deviance and criminality;
- investigate social control and marginalization devices of individuals.
At the end of the course, the students will acquire adequate knowledge and interpretative tools to critically analyze deviant phenomena and social exclusion, and to develop empirical research and interventions in this field.
- Frontal lessons
- Exercises/small groups activities
- Classroom discussions on the topics dealt with, starting from the analysis of case studies.
Textbooks and recommended reading materials for students attending:
Textbooks and recommended reading materials for not attending students:
- F. Prina, Devianza e criminalità. Concetti, metodi di ricerca, cause, politiche, Carocci, Roma, 2019;
- I. Fanlo Cortés, D. Ferrari, a cura di, I soggetti vulnerabili nei processi migratori. La protezione internazionale tra teoria e prassi, Giappichelli, Collana del Corso di Laurea in Servizio sociale, Torino, 2019.
LAURA SCUDIERI (President)
ISABEL FANLO CORTES
REALINO MARRA (President Substitute)
GABRIELLA PETTI (President Substitute)
GIULIA ARENA (Substitute)
SEBASTIANO BENASSO (Substitute)
MATTIA VOLPI (Substitute)
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.
The examination will be in oral form.
The exercises, the small group activities, the classroom thematic discussions and finally the oral interview will aim at evaluating the learning and the reworking of the contents from the candidates, as well as their critical reasoning skills and their public speaking ability.