|SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINARY SECTOR||BIO/09|
|MODULES||This unit is a module of:|
At the end of the course, the student will have to know and describe the basic notions of the physiology of the digestive system and food sciences; needs be able to compare and distinguish the biological role of nutrients and critically evaluate their integration in maintaining the homeostasis of the individual.
• Anatomo-functional organization
• Mechanical events: chewing, swallowing, gastro-intestinal and biliary tract motility.
• Secretory events: salivary, gastric, hepatic and pancreatic.
• Digestion and absorption processes.
Organic and inorganic nutrients
• Glucids, lipids, proteins. Classification, chemical structure, metabolic use.
• The water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins: content in food, biological meaning, deficiency syndromes.
•.Minerals and trace minerals. Biological meaning.
• Water and electrolytes
• Caloric value of nutrients
• Direct and indirect calorimetry.
• Basal metabolism, food and exercise thermogenesis. Energy balance.
• Body composition lean mass and fat mass
• Indirect determination methods: weight, body mass index (BMI), plicometry and impedance measurement.
Canella- Scienza della Nutrizione. EDI-ERMES
Silverthorn. Fisiologia Umana. Casa editrice Ambrosiana.
Sherwood - Fondamenti di Fisiologia Umana – Piccin
Stanfield - Fisiologia - EDISES
Vander - Fisiologia - Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
Battaglia-Noè. Elementi di fisiologia e scienza dell'alimentazione - Casa Editrice Mc Graw Hill
Office hours: By appointment upon agreement by email
PIETRO BALDELLI (President)
ROBERTA DE TULLIO (President and Coordinator of Integrated Course)
Second semester approximately March.
All class schedules are posted on the EasyAcademy portal.