Warning: page content is not entirely available in your language of choice.
Admission criteria and procedure
Our two-years Master of Science programme (or laurea magistrale) can be attained by earning 120 CFU/ECTS.
You can access this course only if you have obtained a degree or an equivalent qualification (bachelor's degree, a direct school for special purposes - 3 years), if you meet the curricular requirements and if you successfully pass the requisites assessment.
In order to attend this course the student needs the following admission criteria, without any exclusion:
- Degree (Laurea), M.Sc. (Laurea Magistrale), referred to D.M. 509/1999 or D.M. 270/2004, awarded by an Italian university or a five-year degree (ante Ministerial Decree 509/1999), awarded by an Italian university or equivalent qualifications for non-Italian degrees
- at least 36 credits, acquired at any university (undergraduate, graduate, M.Sc., master's degree, five-year degree) in the scientific areas related to the classes L-7 Civil and Environmental Engineering, L-8 Information Engineering, L-9 Industrial Engineering in the group's MAT *, FIS *, CHIM *, ING-INF / 05, INF / 01 and SECS-S / 02 of which no less than 30 CFU in the basic didactic activities of the group MAT *, FIS *, CHIM* (Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics), as a whole
- at least 45 credits, acquired at any university program (undergraduate, graduate, M.Sc., Master's degree, five-year degree) in scientific areas related to the following classes:
- L-7 Civil and Environmental Engineering:
SSD BIO/07, CHIM/12, GEO/02, GEO/05, GEO/11, ICAR/01, ICAR/02, ICAR/03, ICAR/05, ICAR/06, ICAR/07, ICAR/08, ICAR/09, ICAR/11, ICAR/20, ING-IND/11, ING-IND/24, ING-IND/25, ING-IND/27, ING-IND/28, ING-IND/29, ING-IND/30, ING-IND/31
- L-8 Information Engineering:
SSD ING-INF/01, ING-INF/02, ING-INF/03, ING-INF/04, ING-INF/05, ING-INF/07 e ING-IND/31
- L-9 Industrial Engineering:
SSD ICAR/08, ING-IND/10, ING-IND/14, ING-IND/16, ING-IND/17, ING-IND/19, ING-IND/22, ING-IND/25, ING-IND/28, ING-IND/31, ING-IND/33, ING-IND/35, ING-INF/04
- L-7 Civil and Environmental Engineering:
- an English certificate of B2 level
The following UniGe Bachelor degrees (“Laurea”) satisfy the admission criteria:
- Ingegneria biomedica (Biomedical Engineering)
- Ingegneria chimica e di processo
- Ingegneria civile e ambientale (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Ingegneria elettrica (Electrical Engineering)
- Ingegneria elettronica e tecnologie dell'informazione (Electronic Engineering and Information Technologies)
- Ingegneria gestionale (Management Engineering)
- Ingegneria informatica (Computer Engineering)
- Ingegneria meccanica (Genova) (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ingegneria meccanica (La Spezia)
The evaluation of the admission criteria includes the evaluation of the student's whole career (grades of single exams, final grade, consistency of the career with the topics of the M.Sc. program) by the Admission Committee of the M.Sc. Program Board. In some cases, the Committee may invite the student to take an interview to ascertain his/her general knowledge and background. This interview may be taken remotely (e.g., Skype call) upon request.
In order to apply for admission, a student who has obtained a B.Sc. degree from a non-Italian university is invited to send by e-mail to email@example.com the following documents in PDF format:
- A copy of the B.Sc. diploma
- A copy of the B.Sc. Transcript of Record, including the grades obtained in all exams, the credits associated with all exams, and the final grade in percent of the top grade
- A full CV
The deadline to submit these requests is MAY 31st, every year. Late submissions will not be considered.
If you have graduated abroad, the assessment will be done by considering appropriate equivalences between the lessons successfully completed and those attributable to the SSDs indicated above.
For students who have a non-Italian degree, possible exemption depends on the outcome of the evaluation conducted by the Admission Committee and will be communicated to the student along with the result of the assessment of his/her prerequisites.
If you graduated in UniGe with a recent degree (ex DM 509) and your degree meets the admission criteria, you must directly access the UniGe Online Services.
If you are a UniGe graduate but your degree does not automatically meet the admission criteria or you are a graduate of another university, you have to:
- Access the UniGe Online Service
- Upload your study career (only for students coming from other Universities), including the prospectus of examinations with the indication, for each subject, of the scientific disciplinary areas and the relevant CFU. At this time, you will have to choose the date for your Admission test.
N.B. The documentation must be uploaded within 10 days from the date you intend to join.
You will be informed of the outcome of the verification of the admission criteria before the date scheduled for the admission test.
If you don't succeed in the admission criteria verification, you will not be able to take part in the admission test. In this case, you will be suggested a bridge career (carriera ponte) to fill the curricular deficiencies identified.
If instead, you do not pass the admission test, you will be able to take the test for a different Master's Degree or submit to the next test.
N.B. If your Bachelor's degree grade is at least 9/10 of the maximum or has obtained a final grade corresponding to the "A" or "B" classification of the ECTS system, you will not have to take the Admission Test.
You can attend the admission test even if you are not graduated yet, as long as you have already succeeded all the exams and your career meets the admission requirements.
In this case, after pre-enrollment, you have to access Unige's Online Services and choose the admission test date on which you would like to join in.
N.B. As you are not graduated yet, remember that you will not be able to take advantage of the possible exemption for the degree grade.
Iscriviti a UniGe
Per iscriverti a questo corso di studio è necessario effettuare la procedura online che comprende (guarda il TUTORIAL):
- La registrazione a questo Portale (se non sei mai stato iscritto all'Università di Genova)
- La pre-immatricolazione: nella schermata che comparirà dovrai inserire le credenziali ricevute con la registrazione (punto precedente)
- La conferma dell'immatricolazione
Per conoscere i termini entro cui è possibile iscriversi in UniGe consulta la pagina Scadenze
Sostieni la Verifica della preparazione personale
L'ammissione a questo corso di studio richiede il superamento di una prova chiamata Verifica dell'adeguatezza della preparazione personale del laureato, che abbreviamo in "Verifica della preparazione personale".
The adequacy of personal preparation is automatically verified for those who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree, Italian or foreign – or a qualification judged equivalent according to what has been indicated about the assessment of curricular requirements –, with a final mark of at least 9/10 of the maximum achievable mark of their degree, or who have obtained a final mark corresponding at least to the “A” classification of the ECTS system.
Vai alla pagina dedicata alla Verifica della preparazione personale.
Completa la tua iscrizione
Per completare l'immatricolazione a questo corso di studio:
- conferma di volerti al corso di studio prescelto tra quelli indicati nella pre-immatricolazione già inserita,
- paga la prima rata delle tasse secondo le modalità e le scadenze indicate.