This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
You will have to pre-prepare two copies of the thesis, bound with red cover and with the title page signed by you and the thesis advisor:
- one to be handed to the thesis advisor a few days before the session
- one as a personal copy
You will have to discuss the contents of your thesis, summarized in a series of slides, in a maximum time of 10 minutes.
The graduation examination consists of the discussion of a written paper on a topic agreed upon with your chosen lecturer.
To be admitted to the graduate examination, you must:
- have the form for approval of the topic signed by the thesis advisor
- present the form to the student secretary
- have taken all the courses indicated in your study plan
- have completed all the required CFUs
- have passed the foreign language proficiency tests
- have passed the computer science tests
You can only apply for thesis assignment once you have completed your 2nd year exams.
You will have to propose the topic of your interest to the lecturer, discussing its contents and how to work on it. The topic may be:
- basic (anatomy, physiology, etc)
- clinical (orthopedics, rehabilitation,neurology, etc)
- technical (team sports, individual sports, etc)
- hybrid (clinical-motor, psychological-motor, etc)
During the graduation session you can use slides to be able to better explain your paper and, at the end of the paper, the committee can ask you some questions to conclude the discussion.
What to do to graduate
I Graduate Session a.y. 2022/2023 - Single-cycle Master's Degree in Medicine
June - July 2023
Find complete information to graduate at the following link: https://medicina.unige.it/esami-di-laurea
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
- you can modify your application for the graduate examination until you have been finally confirmed
- the confirmed application cannot be modified
- the thesis title listed on the application at the time of confirmation must be the final one. Before confirmation, we recommend that you print a draft of the application and have your thesis advisor review it.
- at the time of confirmation, your advisor and the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Desk will be notified that the completion has been closed
- the confirmed graduation application must beapproved by your advisor by the due date of the compilation period of the session you have chosen. If your lecturer does not have the UniGePass password, he/she can request it by following the instructions at the dedicated page
Do you encounter any problems in filling out the graduation application or getting it approved?
Write an email to the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences One-Stop Shop before the completion period expires and ask your supervisor to send you an email authorizing you to handle the application. Once received, the One-stop Shop will handle final approval of the application and the system will send an automatic confirmation email to you and the speaker and/or coordinator of your Course.
Change graduation session
Have you applied but no longer intend to attend the session for which you registered?"
For information and assistance, please email the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Point of Contact.
Online thesis uploading
Copies of the thesis
You must printtwo copies of your thesis. One stays with you and the other you have to give to your thesis advisor a few days before your graduation session.
The copy must be red and you have no structure or font constraints.
N.B.If your session is held remotely, you do not need to give it to the thesis advisor.
For the awarding of points for the final paper, the following is added:
- your curriculum final grade (prepared by the central organs of UniGe)
- 2 additional points if you graduated in progress
- up to 7 points for the final paper
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.