This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
The Biotechnology Graduate
Who is he/she?
He/she is a professional with established applicative knowledge concerning life and health sciences.
He/she is involved in applying, in service or production activities, predetermined protocols with special reference to therapeutic, diagnostic, cosmetic-pharmaceutical, food, horticultural and environmental technological fields.
What does he/she do?
- pharmaceutical, cosmetic or food industry technician
- biomedical laboratory technician
- technician in toxicological and environmental study and detection centers
- scientific informant
- technician in universities and other public and private biomedical, pharmaceutical and biotechnological research institutes and agencies
- consultant to agencies in charge of drafting health and patent regulations concerning the exploitation of biotechnological products
- consultant for small and medium enterprises, in the field of environmental quality and hygiene in the workplace
Where does he/she work?
Public and private research centers, pharmaceutical industries, land control bodies.
With reference to Liguria, some of the most important public research centers engaged in biotechnological research are the Italian Institute of Technology-IIT-, the Policlinico San Martino-IRCCS Hospital and the Giannina Gaslini Institute. A total of hundreds of researchers work in these institutions.