This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
To be admitted to the final examination, you must have regularly attended the educational activities and earned the credits required by the regulations.
The final exam consists of discussing, before a committee, a short written paper on a physics topic that you have covered during your studies.
The paper must be about 3,000 words and you may choose the topic about 4 weeks before your scheduled graduation date from a list of titles offered by the course.
You will be able to choose whether to do a review paper or a book chapter.
The objective of the final paper is to test your ability to expound clearly, masterfully, independently, and critically on a basic physics topic.
During the discussion, at graduation, you will be able to use computer tools to be able to better explain your work.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Choose the graduate session .
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- Fill out the graduation application online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The final grade is expressed in one hundredth of a second and is calculated as the sum of:
- base grade:
is obtained as the arithmetic average, weighted with CFUs, of the grades of all the educational activities in the Plan of Study, eliminating from the sum the 30 CFUs related to the lowest grades final test evaluation:
- 4 points if you graduate by the end of October of your third year (October 31, end of the third academic year)
- 2 points if you graduate by March 31 of your fourth year
- the committee will evaluate exceptional, reasoned and documented periods of interruption of studies
up to a maximum of 6 points.
The additional score to the base grade, VA (expressed in one hundredths), is obtained from the VPF grade (in thirtieths) earned by the candidate in the final test, using the following formula: VA = (VPF - 18)/2
evaluation of time in the curriculum:
points could be added to the final grade depending on when you graduate (and also if you are enrolled part-time):
When the score reaches (or exceeds) 110, the committee unanimously may award the lode upon the proposal of the lecturer.
N.B.You can graduate only if you have scored no less than 66 points out of 110.
Ritiro della pergamena di laurea
Il ritiro delle pergamene di Laurea, Laurea magistrale, di Dottorato e di Specializzazione per tutte le scuole avviene presso gli spazi "UniGe World" in Via Balbi 40-42 rosso - piano terra (di fronte a via Balbi 5).
Orari: martedì e giovedì dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00 solo su appuntamento, prenotando sulla pagina apposita per la consegna delle pergamene.
I delegati dovranno presentare copia cartacea della delega sottoscritta e fotocopia del documento di identità del delegante