This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
To be admitted to the final examination, you must have regularly attended the educational activities and earned the credits required by the regulations.
The final examination involves the discussion, before a special committee, of a paper, on theoretical or applied problems or design development, related to activities you have developed in university laboratories or as part of a company internship.
During the final examination you will have to demonstrate:
- adequate basic preparation
- knowledge of the contents characterizing mechanical engineering
- systematic and argumentative skills
- ability to use sources and bibliography correctly
- clarity in exposition
The speakers must include at least one faculty member from the Polytechnic School and/or the relevant department.
You will also be able to write your paper in English. If you would like to write it in another EU language you will have to ask for permission.
In these cases, you will have to write title and an abstract in Italian.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Choose the graduate session .
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- Fill out the graduation application online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The final grade results from the sum of three elements:
- curricular average
- evaluation of the student's career
- evaluation of the final test
- the curricular average (expressed in hundredths) consists of the CFU-weighted average of the grades reported for the educational activities included in the study plan that provide for a final grade and is forwarded to the committee by the student secretariats along with the career
- for the career assessment the committee may award up to 2 points, with a maximum of 1 point if you have a grade point average above 100/110 (and if you take the graduation exam by March 31 of the third academic year) and the award of 0.5 points for each honors achieved
- for the final examination the maximum score is 6 points, awarded as follows:
- from 0 to 4 points for the quality of the paper
- from 0 to 2 points for the ability to present and discuss the paper, answering the committee's questions
The final grade is derived from a single rounding of the score for:
- default, when decimals are less than or equal to 5
- excess, when decimals are greater than 5
The committee, by unanimous consent, may award honors if you achieve (or exceed) a score of 112/110. As a rule, there is no provision for the awarding of dignity for bachelor's theses.
For more information, read carefully the Course Regulations, available in the footer of the page.
Ritiro della pergamena di laurea
Il ritiro delle pergamene di Laurea, Laurea magistrale, di Dottorato e di Specializzazione per tutte le scuole avviene presso gli spazi "UniGe World" in Via Balbi 40-42 rosso - piano terra (di fronte a via Balbi 5).
Orari: martedì e giovedì dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00 solo su appuntamento, prenotando sulla pagina apposita per la consegna delle pergamene.
I delegati dovranno presentare copia cartacea della delega sottoscritta e fotocopia del documento di identità del delegante