This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
Assessment of Adequacy of Personal Readiness
The Assessment of Adequacy of Personal Readiness is the tool provided by the Educational Regulations to assess your preparation for the purpose of matriculation to the Master's Degree.
Who should conduct the Verification
A student for whom individual preparation is not automatically verified must take the Personal Preparation Verification.
The Verification takes into account:
- of the prior curriculum vitae and studiorum
- of the grades obtained in the examinations of the disciplines of interest (see curricular requirements) .
- of the oral examination, which will focus on the basic knowledge in the disciplines of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and technology that can typically be acquired with a bachelor's degree in science-technology
The Verification will be conducted on dates agreed upon with the candidates through e-mail exchange with the Coordinator.
The outcome of the Verification may be one of the following:
⇒ admitted to the LM (you can enroll once you graduate)
⇒ not admitted (stating specific deficiencies that must be filled before gaining admission)
If not passed, it may be taken again only once at least 30 days after the first Verification.
All students with foreign qualifications will be subjected to a specific Italian language proficiency test. Failure to pass will result in the awarding of supplementary educational activities.
How to access
To take the Verification of Adequacy of Graduate Personal Readiness you must do the pre-registration so as to be on the lists of students who must take the test.
Following that, if the test is successful, you must confirm your matriculation.
For pre-registration and the test you will not have to pay anything. Payment of the registration fee and regional fee is due at the time of confirmation of registration.
You must pay the registration fee and regional fee.
N.B.: Pre-registration and verification of personal preparation adequacy are free of charge. Payment of the application fee and regional fee is expected at the time of confirmation of registration.
How it works
Admission procedures are different for the ordinary curriculum and the international curriculum:
All applications that meet the specific requirements will be reviewed for personal readiness.
A committee will evaluate your preparation, taking into account:
- curriculum vitae and previous studies
- vocations achieved in the examinations of the disciplines of interest
- eventual interview which will be on the basic knowledge in mathematical, physical, chemical and technological disciplines usually acquired with a bachelor's degree in science-technology
The outcome of the examination may be one of the following:
- admitted to the LM (you can enroll once you graduate)
- not admitted (with specific deficiencies indicated that you will have to make up in order to be admitted)
The verification will be done on agreed dates. If you fail the verification you can take it again at least 30 days after the first one.
Admission to the international SERP+ address is governed by special rules that are the subject of a Consortium Agreement ratified by the Rectors of the four locations involved. All the rules set forth in the Consortium Agreement relating to the Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering Degree Course apply to this Course of Study. Please refer to: https://www.master-serp.eu/apply/admission-criteria
Where and when
The dates of the assessment interview, if any, are agreed upon with the Coordinator via e-mail and can take place either in-person in the Department or electronically (to be agreed upon along with the date).
To prepare you
The oral test, if any, will focus on basic knowledge in the mathematical, physical, chemical and technological disciplines that can typically be acquired with a bachelor's degree in science-technology.