Recent data show that studies in philosophy can be a great advantage for seeking employment, even outside the humanities.
Philosophy enables the acquisition of specific skills in the area of communication and intersubjective relations, which go beyond individual technical knowledge. The philosophy graduate matures versatility, adaptability and a critical sense that enable him or her to easily identify problems and solutions.
The first year includes common teachings and enables students to orient themselves in the main directions of philosophical, historical-philosophical and humanities research. In addition to the propaedeutic Introduction to Philosophy teachings in the areas of M-FIL/01, M-FIL/02, M-FIL/03, M-FIL/05, M-FIL/06 and SPS/01, students can choose an Affiliate teaching of a philosophical nature. The total credits in the first year is 54, to which the student must add a 6 CFU teaching to be chosen freely.
The Graduate in Philosophy
Who is he.
Philosopher, archive and library assistant, library technician, volunteer activity coordinator, ...
What does she do?
- Cultural activities in public administration (state, region, local government) .
- activities in production and service companies, human resource management (consulting, personnel training)
- activities in traditional cultural industry and information technology (libraries and publishing initiatives) .
Where does she work?
- Traditional and multimedia publishing
- libraries and archives, both public and private
- voluntary organizations, with managerial or coordinating duties
- teaching in the Secondary School, subject to obtaining a Master's Degree in Philosophical Methodologies or other Master's Degree in the Humanities .