This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
In order to be admitted to the final examination, you must have passed the examinations of all the subjects included in your study plan and obtained the credits related to the other educational activities stipulated in the regulations.
With your paper you must demonstrate that you have acquired the skills of:
- carry out research on a specific topic
- know how to use sources and bibliography
- explain with propriety and command of language the results achieved
- support the related discussion .
To graduate you will need to have acquired all 180 CFUs required by the regulations.
Students are expected to use sources properly, citing them appropriately both in the text and in the final bibliography and always quoting others' words in quotation marks.
In order to combat the misuse of sources available on the web, the texts of the final papers are subjected to an anti-plagiarism check using special software.
If the thesis advisor believes that the student has not used sources correctly, he or she may require the student to revise the thesis in its entirety and, if necessary, to postpone the dissertation to a later session.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Deposit the thesis title (if provided) .
- Choose the graduation session .
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- Fill out the degree application online
- Deliver the thesis to the referring and coreferent professor
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent the completion and online confirmation of the graduation application.
You can make payment of the graduation stamp onlyafter confirming the online graduation application.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
You can check your status by accessing the Graduation Record.
If you experience any problems in your career contact the Student One Stop Shop.
In case you decide to not graduate in the session for which you have applied you will have to notify the Single Student Desk promptly.
N.B. Slipping your graduation application from one session to another does not happen automatically. You must therefore make a request at the Single Student Desk.
Thesis title deposit
For undergraduates in Philosophy and History there is no filing of title.
Exceptions are made for students who wish to graduate under the guidance of a referee in a scientific-disciplinary field that is not in the LSC's Ordinance, who, according to the LSC's Teaching Regulations, must designate a coreferent from among the faculty members who are part of the LSC and request prior authorization from the Coordinator and the Course Council well in advance of the thesis date (4 months), using the thesis title deposit form, which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By the deadlines given in the table with deadlines, you must deliver a copy of the final paper to your Referee (unless you agree to send it by e-mail or wetransfer).
Uploading the thesis pdf to the dedicated portal is not provided for bachelor's degrees, although it is indicated within the Dashboard. It applies only to master's degrees.
The grade should take into consideration the curricular course and the result of the test discussion.
To your weighted average of the grades obtained during the course of study, expressed in hundredths, are added:
- 1 point if you are current
- 1 point if you have participated in an international mobility program during which you have successfully taken examinations for at least 12 CFU for a period of study equal to one semester and at least 18 CFU for a period of study equal to two consecutive semesters
- up to 3 points for the quality of the final examination
When the score reaches (or exceeds) 110, the committee unanimously may award lode upon the proposal of the rapporteur.
N.B.You can graduate only if you scored no less than 66 out of 110.
Deposit of thesis title
via email to email@example.com
at least 3 months in advance
see webpage Graduation Sessions Calendar
to Referee and Coreferent (if applicable), in the manner agreed upon directly with faculty
see web page Calendar graduation sessions
N.B. All deadlines must be met or you will be excluded from the graduation session.
If you want to use an electronic presentation during the discussion, you can test it 30 minutes before the start of the graduation session by making arrangements with the technical support of the Chair.
Tomake an appointment call the Technical Office at 010 209 51485 on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 2 to 3 p.m.
Graduation photo shoot
Read the Regulation of the accreditation procedure for conducting photographic and/or audiovisual filming activities inside university buildings.
Ritiro della pergamena di laurea
Il ritiro delle pergamene di Laurea, Laurea magistrale, di Dottorato e di Specializzazione per tutte le scuole avviene presso gli spazi "UniGe World" in Via Balbi 40-42 rosso - piano terra (di fronte a via Balbi 5).
Orari: martedì e giovedì dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00 solo su appuntamento, prenotando sulla pagina apposita per la consegna delle pergamene.
I delegati dovranno presentare copia cartacea della delega sottoscritta e fotocopia del documento di identità del delegante