This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
As the final exam you will have to perform an in-depth study of a theoretical or application or design development problem, carried out as part of a company internship or in a research laboratory of the University, under the guidance of a professor.
In order to start the activity related to the final exam you must have acquired at least 120 credits.
The degree course maintains a list of proposed activities for the final exam.
Through the Aulaweb 'Prova finale' page of the current academic year, you must choose two of these activities in order of preference and wait for an assignment confirmation email.
Assignments take place at the beginning of each month.
The assignment takes place on the basis of the preferences expressed. In the case an activity is chosen by several students, assignment will take into account the credits achieved and the average grade recorded.
You will need to prepare a written report, which will be discussed in front of an examining board.
To be admitted to the final test you must have regularly attended all the training activities and obtained the credits required by the regulations.
The final exam, is worth 3 credits, corresponding to a total of 75 hours of work.
The final report:
- must have a maximum of 8 pages long (about 4,000 words) including the cover. In the case of final exams in pairs it can reach 12 pages (about 6,000 words)
- it may be written in Italian or English
The final report must be follow this format.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Choose the graduate session .
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- Fill out the graduation application online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
You must send the report on your work to the activity leader and the examination committee no later than 10 days after the date on which the final examination takes place.
The activity leader and the committee will independently evaluate the quality of your work, awarding a score for each of the following:
- achievement of objectives
- quality/clarity of the report
- personal contribution
- quality/quantity of the work done in the 75 hours of activity
During the Examination Test, the committee may add up to a maximum of 8 points to the 110ths average obtained from the credit-weighted average of the grades reported for the teaching activities.
The 8 points are divided as follows:
- max 5 points, corresponding to the score for the final examination, divided as follows:
max 3 points, for your career, divided as follows:
- maximum 3 points for the overall quality of the work done
- maximum 2 points for the ability to communicate and argue during the examination interview
- from 0 to 2 points depending on the weighted average of grades reported in the three-year period
- 2 points if the weighted average is ≥ 27
- 1 point if the weighted average is ≤ 24 and < 27
- 0 points if the weighted average is < 24
- 1 point if you take the final exam by December 31 of the third academic year from the date of first matriculation
Ritiro della pergamena di laurea
Il ritiro delle pergamene di Laurea, Laurea magistrale, di Dottorato e di Specializzazione per tutte le scuole avviene presso gli spazi "UniGe World" in Via Balbi 40-42 rosso - piano terra (di fronte a via Balbi 5).
Orari: martedì e giovedì dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00 solo su appuntamento, prenotando sulla pagina apposita per la consegna delle pergamene.
I delegati dovranno presentare copia cartacea della delega sottoscritta e fotocopia del documento di identità del delegante