This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The undergraduate examination involves the presentation and discussion, before a committee, of a written paper under the guidance of a lecturer.
To be admitted you must have:
- taken all courses and passed the exams
- obtained 360 CFUs spread over 6 years of coursework
- demonstrated knowledge of a foreign language
- completed the online application for graduation by the deadlines set for each session
You will have about 250 hours (10 CFUs) to write your thesis. You will be able to prepare the thesis:
- in the facilities of the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Departments of the University of Genoa and other Universities
- in both Italian and foreign affiliated hospitals
- in both Italian and foreign scientific institutions
N.BYou will also be able to write the thesis in a foreign language other than Italian.
You will have to pre-prepare two copies of the thesis, bound with red cover and with the title page signed by you and the thesis advisor:
- one to be handed to the thesis advisor a few days before the session
- one as a personal copy
You will have to discuss the contents of your thesis, summarized in a series of slides, in a maximum time of 10 minutes.
What to do to graduate
I Graduate Session a.y. 2022/2023 - Single-cycle Master's Degree in Medicine
June - July 2023
Find complete information to graduate at the following link: https://medicina.unige.it/esami-di-laurea
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
- you can modify your application for the graduate examination until you have been finally confirmed
- the confirmed application cannot be modified
- the thesis title listed on the application at the time of confirmation must be the final one. Before confirmation, we recommend that you print a draft of the application and have your thesis advisor review it.
- at the time of confirmation, your advisor and the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Desk will be notified that the completion has been closed
- the confirmed graduation application must beapproved by your advisor by the due date of the compilation period of the session you have chosen. If your lecturer does not have the UniGePass password, he/she can request it by following the instructions at the dedicated page
Do you encounter any problems in filling out the graduation application or getting it approved?
Write an email to the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences One-Stop Shop before the completion period expires and ask your supervisor to send you an email authorizing you to handle the application. Once received, the One-stop Shop will handle final approval of the application and the system will send an automatic confirmation email to you and the speaker and/or coordinator of your Course.
Change graduation session
Have you applied but no longer intend to attend the session for which you registered?"
For information and assistance, please email the School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Single Point of Contact.
By seven days prior to one's graduation session, fill in the fields related to the Thesis Abstract in both Italian and English through the Student Web Portal.
You are requested to respect the timeframe for sending the abstracts (at least seven days before the session) in order to give the committee time to evaluate the papers.
By the day before your session, upload through the Student Web Portal the thesis pdf file.
Subsequent to uploading, the Rapporteur must approve the documentation on line in the same manner as the approval of the graduation application.
For any assistance in uploading thesis and abstracts write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the thesis
You must printtwo copies of your thesis. One stays with you and the other you must give to your thesis advisor a few days before the graduation session.
The copy must be red and you have no constraints on structure or font.
N.B.If your session is held remotely, delivery to the speaker is not required.
To determine the graduation grade, expressed in hundredths, contribute:
- the grade point average of the curricular examinations, expressed in hundredths
- up to -3 points for the duration of studies (0.5 points less for each year out of course beyond the first)
- up to 2 points for each honors obtained in the proficiency examinations (0.2 points per cum laude)
- from 0 to 2 pointsfor international exchange programs (in relation to the number and duration)
- up to a maximum of 8 points awarded by the committee at the thesis discussion
The overall grade is:
- determined by the sum of the points discussed above
- rounded up or down to the nearest whole number
Honor may be awarded by unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/ 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.