This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The dissertation examination consists of the performance of an experimental thesis carried out at a university research laboratory or an external institution that has an agreement with UniGe.
During the performance of the thesis (38 CFUs) you will address the problems of experimental research using advanced equipment and methodologies.
The final examination consists of:
- The preparation of a written dissertation concerning the thesis activity, where all aspects of the research will be explained, from the state of the art, experimental procedures, data processing and discussion, and the conclusions reached.
- A pre-graduation seminar lasting about 30-40 minutes, concerning the thesis activity, to be held about a week before the graduation session, before the Fixed Graduation Committee. At the end of the presentation, the committee may ask you questions, seek clarification of experimental procedures, analysis of results, and conclusions. On the basis of the presentation, discussion, and written dissertation, the Commission will assign a score that will be added to the weighted average of the grades in hundredths.
- A presentation of the thesis work, shorter (15 minutes), to be given in the graduate session, during which you will briefly and in a more informative manner state the motivation and scientific context of the work, the most important results, and the conclusions you have reached.
For more information read the Thesis Regulation of your interest:
- regulation valid until Thursday, October 31, 2019
- new regulation valid as of Friday, November 1, 2019
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.