For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The dissertation examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of a written paper under the guidance of a thesis advisor and a co-rapporteur.
The dissertation work involves:
- the collection and processing of data
- the construction of a quantitative interpretive model
- the writing of a written paper that addresses, with a scientifically sound approach and method, an Earth Science topic relevant to the educational objectives of the course
The dissertation may be oriented on theoretical, laboratory and/or field projects and its topic:
- must be related to your course of study
- must be approved by the CCS at least six months before the discussion
- may be developed at professional firms, companies, public administration facilities, and laboratories of other Italian and foreign universities and research institutions, including possible periods of residence abroad.