This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The dissertation examination consists of the discussion, before a committee, of a written paper under the guidance of a thesis advisor and a co-rapporteur.
The dissertation work involves:
- the collection and processing of data
- the construction of a quantitative interpretive model
- the writing of a written paper that addresses, with a scientifically sound approach and method, an Earth Science topic relevant to the educational objectives of the course
The dissertation may be oriented on theoretical, laboratory and/or field projects and its topic:
- must be related to your course of study
- must be approved by the CCS at least six months before the discussion
- may be developed at professional firms, companies, public administration facilities, and laboratories of other Italian and foreign universities and research institutions, including possible periods of residence abroad.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate you must:.
- Choose the graduate session .
- Deposit the title of the thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library .
- Fill out the assessment questionnaire for your course of study.
- Check that you are current with your tax payment .
- Pay the stamp tax of €16 for the issuance of the Graduation Diploma (payable through the online services - payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, however, you will have to check that everything is registered online.
The final grade shall be expressed in one hundred and tenths and shall take into account:
- evaluations on previous educational activities
- evaluations on the final examination
- the performance of any periods of study abroad recognized by the course of study
The supervisor shall propose to the graduation committee the score to be assigned to the final examination: shall be no more10 points than the average of the examination marks, approximated by default if <0.5 and by excess if ≥0.5.
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Honor may be awarded by unanimous opinion of the committee if you have achieved a final score greater than or equal to 110/ 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.