Skip to main content

Outgoing Erasmus+ study

Instructions for use

What is

Erasmus+ for the purpose of study is a program that offers the opportunity to study abroad in one of the mobility program's member states and provides a scholarship to successful students to help them make the most of the experience.

To participate

You can enroll in the program if:

  • you are regularly enrolled in UniGe
  • you are enrolled in individual educational activities aimed at admission to Master's degree programs (so-called bridging career)
  • at the time of submission of the application you possess the prerequisites for access established by the foreign location and the individual teaching facilities of UniGe

How long

Your Erasmus can last from 3 to 12 months.

You need to agree with your contact professor on the exact dates of your stay and the courses to be taken. Check the teaching periods and courses offered at the foreign university.

Have you been on Erasmus before?

As a UniGe student, you have the opportunity to carry out one or more Erasmus+ mobilities.

The period comprehensive reserved for mobility is different depending on the course of study you are enrolled in:

  • Cycle I - Bachelor's degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)
  • cycle II - bachelor's/master's degree, master's degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)
  • single-cycle master's degree: maximum 24 months (720 days)
  • cycle III - PhD, postgraduate course, 2nd level master's degree: maximum 12 months (360 days)

Before applying, you should therefore check that the remaining period still available to you for further Erasmus+ mobility is at least 90 days.

For example, if in the same bachelor's degree program you have already done one Erasmus mobility for study purposes for 5 months and one for internship purposes for 4 months (for a total of 9 months), you will be able to apply and do a maximum period of 3 months abroad, regardless of the duration of the grant provided by the announcement.

Continue reading.


Check the Erasmus Manifesto, in the important documents section of this page, to find the list of destinations.

Through Erasmus+, UniGe offers you the choice of a study or internship experience in one of the many countries participating in the mobility program and provides financial support to help you make the most of this experience.

Erasmus+ mobility allows you:

  • a university career enriched by a quality experience
  • an in-depth knowledge of a different European reality
  • the full recognition of CFUs acquired by taking exams or doing thesis research at the partner location

Important documents

Below you will find all the documentation you need to participate in the Erasmus+ study mobility program.

How to participate

1. See the call for proposals and the Erasmus Manifesto.

In the Important Documents section of this page, consult carefully:

  • the call, to learn how to register and participate
  • the Erasmus Manifesto, to check the prerequisites of your Department group, and the prerequisites of the foreign university where you would like to go

2. Sign up for the contest

Log in to online services and enroll in the contest.

3. Support the interview

You will have to take a mandatory interview.

You will be excluded from the interview if you do not meet the minimum requirements set by your departmental area and, possibly, by the foreign location of your interest.

You will be selected based on:

  • your academic record
  • your language skills
  • your Erasmus purposes, with a focus on the courses you would like to take abroad
  • your personal motivations (e.g., your academic interests)

4. Check the ranking list

Check if your ranking has been published.

5. Accept the bag

6. Sign the agreement

Procedures related to the disbursement of the grant can be activated only after you have signed the agreement.

Carefully read the instructions, on the Online Services UniGe page, to sign the Erasmus+ agreement.

Before leaving

Before departure remember to:

  • check deadlines and how to enroll in your foreign university
  • check the validity of your ID card or passport. If expiring, arrange for renewal
  • check the arrangements for entry and residence in the foreign country (read the relevant section of the announcement)
  • check that you have a valid Health Card with you. Make sure with your ASL that you have health coverage
  • enroll in language courses at the Language Skills Development Branch (formerly CLAT), if assigned
  • fill out the Before the mobility part of the Learning Agreement, found in the important documents section of this page (following the guidelines). This part must be signed by you, your CCS Chair or Department Delegate, and the person in charge at the foreign office. Once you have obtained all the authorizations you will need to get copies to the Erasmus Staff at the Department/School

N.B.For more information, read the Erasmus+ Student Kit and the International Student Mobility Handbook in the Important Documents section of this page.

Submit the Request for Examination Recognition in Foreign Mobility, which can be found in the Important Documents section, where the examinations (also type of your choice) you intend to take at the host university and the corresponding examination or educational activity in your study plan should be listed. The paper recognition request must be handed in to the School's International Relations Office before departure, in conjunction with the completion of the Learning Agreement.

Waiving the mobility period and Erasmus+ grant

You can opt out of the mobility period and the awarded grant even after acceptance, using the Waiver Form (Form C in the Important Documents section of this page).

To enable the rankings to be scrolled, send or deliver as soon as possible to the International Mobility Department the completed form and a copy of your ID, preferably by the date defined within the announcement.


During Erasmus+

Upon your arrival

  • ​​​​​​​enroll at the foreign university
  • within 5 days from arrival have the foreign university fill out the certificate of arrival(Form A in the important documents section of this page), stamp and sign it, and send it to the International Mobility Department.


To modify the Learning Agreement

If you want to change, add, or delete a teaching that you had previously indicated, you can do so.

Fill out the part of the Learning Agreement called During the mobility:

  • indicate which exams you intend to delete and which you intend to add in Table A2
  • in Table B2 you need to specify the correspondence of the added/changed exams

Once the form is complete with all signatures, email it to the Erasmus staff at the Department or School and the International Mobility Office.


To extend the stay abroad

If you intend to extend your stay abroad beyond the duration stipulated in the agreement, you will need to mail to the International Mobility Sector the Request for Extension of Erasmus+ Period (Form B in the Important Documents section of this page) complete with a declaration of the foreign university's willingness to accept the Erasmus+ conditions for the new duration and the Request for Recognition of Examinations in Foreign Mobility (in the Important Documents section of this page) from the responsible lecturer of the University of Genoa.

You must send in your documentation at least 30 days before the expiration of the Erasmus period you have signed up for at the time.

Remember that:

  • the period abroad cannot exceed 12 months (it must necessarily end by September 30 of the relevant year)
  • there can be no breaks between the study period already authorized and its extension
  • you must motivate the request for extension by completing the During the Mobility section of the Learning Agreement

You are about to return

Before returning to Italy, remember:

  • get the Attestation of Attendance (in the Important Documents section of this page) issued by the foreign University, which must be sent by email to the International Mobility Department of the University of Genoa directly from the offices of the University hosting you - or deliver it yourself upon your return, in original, to the International Mobility Department of UniGe, Piazza della Nunziata 6 - second floor
  • .
  • pick up your Transcript of Records (ToR) with the list of exams taken and the relative grades and bring it with you. In the event that it is not yet ready, make arrangements with the foreign university to have it sent to you by e-mail in pdf format or by other means.
  • The ToR is a copy of the ToR.

Once you are back

Grades conversion



  1. if the foreign university participates in the EGRACONS (European Grade Conversion System) project, the conversion will be conducted according to the procedures of the European ECTS guide
  2. if the foreign university is not a member of the EGRACONS project but provides the necessary data, the council will adopt the European ECTS guide
  3. otherwise, the council will convert the grades following the Grade Conversion List


Grades registration


All grades converted by the program council will be transcribed on your record by the student office/school student office.

Verification of language skills

If you need a attestation of your level of proficiency in foreign language(s), you can contact the Language Skills Development Section and read the information posted on the page dedicated to Erasmus+ Outgoing students.

You can take a test of English and 1 other language according to the location of your interest (your choice of French, German and Spanish) and book the tests, according to the deadlines indicated in the dedicated section and published on the AulaWeb.


Test results are preferential evaluation elements for the purpose of your ranking. In fact, the Selection Boards may apply a reduction in your score if:

  • you have not taken the tests prepared by the Language Skills Development Sector
  • you have not attached any certification
  • to your application.

N.B. For any information about the tests please write to