This text has been automatically translated for your convenience. The official text is the Italian version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal value.
For admission to the graduate examination, you must have completed all the credits required by the educational regulations of your degree program.
The dissertation examination involves the discussion, before a committee, of a written paper under the guidance of a thesis advisor and a co-rapporteur.
You may choose from several types of theses:
- a specialized translation from the first or second foreign language into the native language, with a theoretical-methodological commentary and with a presentation of the issues addressed
- a glossary written in the language of specialization and in Italian
- a research paper in the area of theoretical linguistics related to the theory of translation and interpretation.
What to do to graduate
If you are an undergraduate student, you must:
- Choose the degree session
- Deposit the title of your thesis
- Fill out the degree application online
- Fill out the AlmaLaurea questionnaire online
- In case you have books on loan, return them to the library
- Fill out the questionnaire of your degree.
- Check that you are current with payment of fees
- Pay the stamp duty of €16 for the issuance of the Graduate Diploma (payable through the online services-payment of fees and contributions)
- Check that you have taken all exams and educational activities
- Check that they are all marked on your online career.
Non-registration of exams and other educational activities does not prevent online completion and confirmation of documents.
In order to graduate, you will have to check that everything is registered online instead.
If you are enrolled in the 24 CFU Pathway check if you are eligible for the additional semester in order to apply for graduation as a previous academic year, by contacting the Humanities Student One-stop shop.
If you encounter any problems in your career contact the Student Secretariat in the School of Humanities at Via Balbi, 4.
N.B. Slippage of your graduation application from one session to another does not occur automatically. You must therefore make a request at the Student Desk.
In case of a graduation application not approved online by the lecturer, you have to transmit via email the paper signed by the lecturer.
Thesis title deposit
Delivery of the thesis and digital paper
By the deadlines indicated below, you will need to deliver:
- to the thesis advisor and co-rapporteur a paper volume of the thesis signed by you on the title page
- to the department's Education Support office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- the declaration regarding the successful delivery and authenticity of the final paper signed by the candidate, Rapporteur and Correlator
Presentations must be processed, in only one of the following formats:
- PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- PPT (Microsoft Power Point 97/2000/XP/2003)
- PPTX (PowerPoint 2007)
- ODP (OpenOffice Impress)
If you want to insert videos from dvds or other within the slides, you must remember that the proper process is as follows:
- Insert a video stored on your personal PC:
Insert a link to a video stored on your personal PC:
- In Normal View click on the slide in which you wish to add the video
- in the Insert Tab click on the arrow under Video and then on Video in PC personal
- In the Insert Video box, select the video you want to embed and then click onInsert
Tip: To avoid problems with broken links, it is advisable to copy used videos to the same folder as the presentation before linking them.
- In Normal View click on the slide in which you want to add the video
- In the Insert tab click on the arrow under Video and then on Video in Personal PC
- In the Insert Video box click on the file to be linked, on the down arrow next to the Insert button and then on Link to file
Video clips with subtitles
The player installed on the Computer is the VLC, which can read most formats thanks to the native Audio and video codecs.
If you want to add subtitles you can perform two procedures:
- Insert the video and subtitles in the same folder and with the same name (e.g. XYZ.avi and XYZ.srt). Opening the movie, the subtitles will synchronize automatically
- Open the video with VLC and drag the subtitle file to the program interface. That way they will synchronize automatically
If the subtitles do not sicronize with the video, go to Tools > Synchronization track from the application menu. From the window that opens you will be able to adjust the advance of the audio relative to the video, that of the subtitles, and their speed.
Read the regulations of the accreditation procedure for conducting photographic and/or audiovisual filming activities inside university buildings (effective 06/28/2013).
Graduation photo shoot
Graduation photo shoot
Photographers Group 3
8 euros per photo including vat
(print size 20-25, 20-30 + Cd)
Your graduation grade, expressed in hundredths of a second, will be awarded to you taking into account the result of your graduation examination and the average of the grades given in the proficiency examinations of the course of study.
The committee may add:
- a maximum of 8 points to the weighted average
- 2 points if you have earned at least 12 CFUs (excluding other activities and off-plan examinations) during Erasmus.
If your score reaches 110, the committee, by unanimous consent, may grant you honors.
If your thesis is deemed particularly innovative and meritorious it may be awarded dignity of print regardless of the grade you earned.
The final test is passed if you obtained a grade of not less than 66 points out of 110.
Withdrawal of graduation scroll
Collection of Degree, Master's, Doctoral and Postgraduate scrolls for all schools takes place at the "UniGe World" spaces in Via Balbi 40-42 red - ground floor (opposite Via Balbi 5).
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only by appointment, booking on the specific page for the delivery of parchments.
Delegates must submit a hard copy of the delegation signed and photocopy of the delegate's ID.