Assessment of Adequacy of Personal Readiness
If you graduated in Mathematics in the L-35 class from an Italian university with a grade higher than 90/110 and graduated within 5 years of first-year enrollment, you are automatically admitted without having to take the interview
If you graduated in Mathematics in the L-35 class from an Italian university with a vote less than or equal to 90/110 or with a delay of more than 5 years, you are automatically admitted, but you will also have to undergo an orientation interview for possible guidance on your study plan and to consider whether you should be assigned a tutor
If you have a degree other than a degree in the Mathematics class, a special committee (LM Admissions Committee) will subject you to an evaluative or orientation oral interview, based in any case on prior knowledge to be compared with what is required by the Syllabus.
If you have a degree earned abroad regardless of the type of degree, a special committee (LM Admissions Committee) may ask you for additional documentation additions (particularly on the weight of exams taken and the grading system) and will subject you to an evaluative or orientation oral interview, based in any case on prior knowledge to be compared with what is required by the Syllabus.
If you have a different degree, a special committee appointed by CCS (LM Admissions Committee) will also subject you to an evaluative oral interview.
In this case you will be contacted personally and told, within a week of receiving your application, what specific topics the interview will focus on. You will have about a week to prepare and agree on a date with the Commission.
N.B.In case you hold a title of special importance, the Commission may decide not to let you take the test: there will still be an interview but purely for orientation purposes to define your master's path.
The outcome of the verification can be one of the following:.
1. unconditional admission to the LM
2. admission to the LM conditional on the submission of a personalized study plan aimed at making up any missing knowledge
3. non-admission to the LM with indication of a supplementary pathway suitable to fill the deficiencies with respect to the Syllabus. In such a case, you will be advised to enroll in individual exams to be taken by enrolling in "individual educational activities " (for more information you can consult the relevant section on the enrollment page)
4. non-admission to the LM in case your prior preparation is deemed insufficient to cope with the master's degree program in Mathematics.
If you have majored in Mathematics in the L-35 class, you are automatically admitted to the course and the outcome can only be one between point 1 and 2.
If you are admitted, the committee may indicate:
- the list of activatable teachings that you will not be able to include in your study plan because you have already covered the topics in a previous course of study
- based on the outcome of the test, you may be recommended remedial activities to be carried out under the supervision of a teacher-tutor to be agreed upon with the LM Admissions Committee